Shifter Boot Retainer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Shifter Boot Retainer

Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
WVMUDDIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Shifter Boot Retainer

Any suggestions on fixing the factory plastic shifting boot retainer on my 08 Rubicon manual shift. The faux plastic rivets looks as if they are glued down to the consol panel holding the rubber boot in the pre drilled holes on the boot itself. 4 of these faux rivets starting at the cup holder going around toward the passenger side broke loose and my boot comes out each time I shift to first. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

WVMUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Epoxy. There is a vendor around here that sells a one that actually screws down, but Epoxy will do it. I used Epoxy on my 07.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The black boot and the bottom plate are all one piece. IIRC, there are 2 straight pull clips in the rear, and 2 slide clips in the front.
I thought mine was more mechanical, so I busted it the first time I took it off. ~$20 at the dealer.

....or epoxy!

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is a similar thread and this guy drilled them out and added real screws > http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...3/#post7148271

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
87_YJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK
Here is a similar thread and this guy drilled them out and added real screws > http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...3/#post7148271
Fixed mine this way this weekend.

image-3719547171.jpg
Holley 390 cfm 4bbl
Offenhauser Intake
33x12.50 Mastercraft MT's
87_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
2himyaz
2008 JK Wrangler 

This must be a 2008 thing. My 08 did the same thing. I like the idea of the screws it doesn't look too bad either.
2himyaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.