She's drainging batteries! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > She's drainging batteries!

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
SassySimone
2008 JK Wrangler 

She's drainging batteries!

I bought my 2008 JK in July 2011. Since then i have replaced the battery probably 4 times. They last an average of about 6 month, then the car doesn't start and they come up as dead cells. At times she won't start, doesn't have anything to do with weather, time of day, how long since last start, anything. You can try and start it 11 times and it wont start, try once more and it starts up like nothing is wrong. One working theory is that the battery cables have a short in them somewhere, but i work close to 60 hours a week, putting the truck in for a week of diagnostic and repair screws me!

I few weeks ago when she didn't start, i turned off everything, stereo, unplugged the phone charger (nothing was plugged into it), and waited 3 mins and it started right up.

I just don't know what else to do, the different mechanics just tell me "the batteries dead" well duh! i need to know WHY the battery is dead! i'd rather spend the money to get it fixed once then to keep buying batteries.

Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you!

SassySimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
NCSahara
2006 KJ Liberty 

Check engine light?
NCSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
SassySimone
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nope, no light on.
SassySimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

I would check the alternator and the cables.
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
NCSahara
2006 KJ Liberty 

What is after market?lights,radio etc.. Something is drawing current or not grounded properly.
NCSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

check all cables. Bad grounds, corrosion etc can do this.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.