Service Bulletin ~ Fuel Spill Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Service Bulletin ~ Fuel Spill Issue

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
kudah

Service Bulletin ~ Fuel Spill Issue

Chrysler has released a service bulletin about the fuel spill issue in 2007 - 2008 JK's. They have extended the warranty on the inlet check valve. If you have this issue you get a free gas tank, if you have paid to have it fixed you can be re-imbursed for the repair. Submit your receipts directly to Chrysler. The extended warranty will show up on a VIP report if your vehicle is covered. The service bulletin is 14-001-11 ---- happy valentines day.

Unread 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
ChicagoRod
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Now if we can just get them to cover the TJ/LJ issue!

It's the Jeepforum, you WILL understand or someone will help you!

Does your gas tank overflow at the pump? [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/have-fuel-spill-problems-like-many-us-submit-complaint-force-recall-974337/"]SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE! [/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]New to the JeepForum? First TJ/LJ? Click here.[/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jeep-Wrangler-LJ-Unlimited/238153862870221"]
FaceBook Page for LJ Owners[/URL]
ChicagoRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

So does that mean it an official recall. or just a repair and is this nation wide?
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
So does that mean it an official recall. or just a repair and is this nation wide?
I'll have a copy of it later to post, unless someone beats me to it.
As far as I know, it's a TSB, not a recall.
The service manager at the local dealer said it's a free replacement for those who are having the problem; applicable to certain Jeeps; no time or mileage limit for the coverage.
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
kudah

It is a service bulletin.. and they extended the warranty on certain '07 and '08 JK's. So not a recall.... on the VIP report that shows your warranty coverage there will be a new line that shows the unlimited / unlimited warranty on the inlet check valve... which is fixed by replacing the fuel tank. Completely covered by Chrysler... parts and labor.
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Service Bulletin # 14-001-11, dated February 11, 2011.
Fuel Spit Back During Refueling (Unlimited Time and Mileage Warranty Extension)

Models:
2007 - 2008
Note:
This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 3.8L engine (sales code EGT) built between March 1, 2007 March 31, 2008.

Repair Procedure:
Replace the fuel tank,....
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

awesome...mine has done this for almost two years
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

I shall be making my appointment. I have an extended warranty anyhow (not sure if it was covered before) - but this is a huge headache for me as it happens every fuel up.

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

I also have the lifetime warranty and no it was not covered than. They told me they would write my name (bull) and keep an eye out for a recall. But I will be making a call tomorrow and having this taken care of asap. Who doesn't want new parts.
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #10
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if any 2010 2011 JK owners have this issue? I could have sworn I saw a brand new 2011 over fill yesterday at shell.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This isnt entirely true...i was just at the dealer with my 07 jk with the same problem and they said mine didnt qualify cause of the build date...im gonna go to another dealer and see
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
ChicagoRod
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The 2009 and 2010 models probably do have the issue but there haven't been enough complaints yet to warrant issuing a TSB and they are both still under warranty. If you read Chrysler's findings after a NHTSA inquiry you will see that a 2011 redesign of the tank is coming.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/do...032-42428P.pdf

It's the Jeepforum, you WILL understand or someone will help you!

Does your gas tank overflow at the pump? [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/have-fuel-spill-problems-like-many-us-submit-complaint-force-recall-974337/"]SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE! [/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]New to the JeepForum? First TJ/LJ? Click here.[/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jeep-Wrangler-LJ-Unlimited/238153862870221"]
FaceBook Page for LJ Owners[/URL]
ChicagoRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
mhizzle1341
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought mine used, can I have this done?
mhizzle1341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #14
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

CAll the dealer...i just bought mine 07 used and I cant
Unread 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #15
kudah

does not matter if you bought the vehicle used or not. The have only said SOME JK's from '07 and '08 ... no clue what the criteria is being used to determine which vehicle are getting the warranty extended. Could be build date but it is not specific.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.