Security Indicator Light? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Security Indicator Light?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 12-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Security Indicator Light?

This is located above the coolant temperature gauge and used to indicate status of Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) and Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS).

According to manual, this should flash red when engine is started. Flashing while driving apparently indicates a fault. However, when I read technical manual this is not very clear.

It is normal to flash while driving, sometimes solid red and sometime flashing?

Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
sherghis
2008 JK Wrangler 

mine is not on or flashing while driving, It did flash for a little when I programed a third key
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine only flashes with locked doors. Never flashes when unlocked.
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thank you

Unless somebody tells me this is serious I will wait for next major service
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
DaveK55

get it looked at

I'd suggest you have it looked at if that light is on while you are driving. Mine came on for the first time this morning while I was driving. When I stopped for gas, the Jeep wouldn't start. I had to have it towed to a dealership (and I am 300 miles from home.)
I'm sitting here now waiting for it to be fixed. As soon as I get a report on what happened and what the fix is, I'll post it. But I suggest you have it looked at if your light is on so this doesn't happen to you.
DaveK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #6
DaveK55

The dealer ended up replacing the electronic module that controls the JK security system. There was a technical service bulletin out on it that said the original part was highly suscepable to static electricity. He said it was toasted. The new one is supposed to be more robust and resistant to static.
He also confirmed what others have said in other treads...that had I known it, I could have disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 5 minutes and the system would have reset and allowed me to restart the vehicle. But because the module was shot, I would have had to keep doing this each time I shut down. Hope this info helps others.
DaveK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The negative terminal reboot seems to fix (or temp fix) a lot of things on the JK. Too much computer stuff installed.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
sherzenk
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hi,, i have a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited. occaisionaly my vehicle security indicator light comes on, no flashing, and will go off later. Is this normal, ok, i cant find anything in the manual regarding this.

thanks
sherzenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherzenk View Post
Hi,, i have a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited. occaisionaly my vehicle security indicator light comes on, no flashing, and will go off later. Is this normal, ok, i cant find anything in the manual regarding this.

thanks
Re-read the entire thread above.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.