Second Update - JK at Camp Jeep (more pics) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Second Update - JK at Camp Jeep (more pics)

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 08-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #31
biw_engineer

JK Diesel

DCX IS putting a 2.8L diesel in the JK, but it's for BUX (oversees) only. It's will not be available for purchase in the US or Canada. That's the way I understand it. I believe it's an emissions issue that's keeping it from launching domestically.

I would also love to see a domestic diesel in the JK. The 3.0L CRD that's going into the WK would be awesome, but I don't think that the 3.0L will package under the hood (they had quite a time getting the 2.8L shoehorned into the compartment without having major thermal issues with the exhaust and turbo routing.

The only way you're going to get a diesel into a JK is to put one in their yourself, which would be a major (fun) project!

biw_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #32
chachy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I got to drive the 4 door unlimited Rubi as well at CJ (it was the FIRST thing we did once we got in) and I liked it as a possible DD vehicile to replace my 4 door car.

Also, I attended the last Wrangler engineering roundtable on Sat. The 2 door Rubi sitting outside the tent had a sticker that showed a disappointing MPG of 16/19. I brought up the point that they should dump a diesel in the JK and the engineer who repiled pretty much said that they would be stupid not to as they heard this all CJ long. So stay tuned. If Jeep does this, bye bye car I'll have three Jeeps then.(and absolutely no more money!)
Why would you buy a RUBICON for a Daily Driver? Doesn't that kind of defeat its purpose??? Or were you suggesting any JK as a DD?
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #33
iismet

As hard as I try, the more I look at it, the worse it looks. The front fenders and bumper are terrible. Hopefully the aftermarket will fix it.
iismet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #34
buddastrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachy
Why would you buy a RUBICON for a Daily Driver? Doesn't that kind of defeat its purpose??? Or were you suggesting any JK as a DD?

My rubi is my DD. What's wrong with that?
buddastrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #35
Slidebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC
I got to drive the 4 door unlimited Rubi as well at CJ (it was the FIRST thing we did once we got in) and I liked it as a possible DD vehicile to replace my 4 door car.

Also, I attended the last Wrangler engineering roundtable on Sat. The 2 door Rubi sitting outside the tent had a sticker that showed a disappointing MPG of 16/19. I brought up the point that they should dump a diesel in the JK and the engineer who repiled pretty much said that they would be stupid not to as they heard this all CJ long. So stay tuned. If Jeep does this, bye bye car I'll have three Jeeps then.(and absolutely no more money!)
David, I was at that session as well. I was the guy who asked "Dude where's my diesel?"
I mentioned on the side to the engineers that what about the Bluetech diesel? He responded that with emissions that would a great choice.
That could explain the lack of exhaust order yet, as it would be the Mercedes Bluetech diesel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.