Second Update - JK at Camp Jeep (more pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Second Update - JK at Camp Jeep (more pics)

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 08-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #16
03jeeper78

I spoke with one of the engineers at the Bosch area of the engineering tent where they were showing off the 3.0L Diesel which is now being put into grand cherokees. He said that he felt that particular engine was an excellent match for the JK, and it was his educated guess that in 2010 or so, it, or something similar would be offered in the JK.

BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Last edited by 03jeeper78; 08-14-2006 at 01:04 PM..
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #17
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TheBluePill
One one of the last pictures.. the Wheels on that white X look intersting. Do you have a closer shot?
CherkoeeTom here. I was also at Camp Jeep and saw one of the wheels you're referring to in the engineering tent on display. It had a sticker on it that said it was a prototype beadlock wheel (or something to that effect) that would be available in the fall of 2006. I even got a couple pics, too! Now that I've wet your appetite for more info, I just realized that battery in my digital is dead and I'll have to recharge it before I can upload the pics. Stay tuned for more exciting info!
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #18
Red_
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherkoeeTom
CherkoeeTom here. I was also at Camp Jeep and saw one of the wheels you're referring to in the engineering tent on display. It had a sticker on it that said it was a prototype beadlock wheel (or something to that effect) that would be available in the fall of 2006. I even got a couple pics, too! Now that I've wet your appetite for more info, I just realized that battery in my digital is dead and I'll have to recharge it before I can upload the pics. Stay tuned for more exciting info!
lol gotta love the suspense

CherkoeeTom, any idea whether or not those beadlock protoypes are some part of a Mopar "Off Road" package?
Red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #19
TheBluePill

Thanks CherkoeeTom, Looking forward to seeing those pix!!
TheBluePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 08:28 PM   #20
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Red Dragon Quote:

lol gotta love the suspense

CherkoeeTom, any idea whether or not those beadlock protoypes are some part of a Mopar "Off Road" package?
Ha ha, at least this isn't a cliffhanger that will last for months like a TV show. I charged my camera battery enough to extract some pics. Red Dragon, I don't know if it is part of an off road package or not. The beadlocks are made by Hutchinson (it's on the side of the rim). I made a mistake, the wheel was in the Jeep Store, not the Engineering Tent. It was on the display with all of the other Jeep accessory wheels. I asked two of the college kids that were working the display area if they had any more info and they said no. According to them, the displays were built off site and brought to Camp Jeep (CJ from here on out) as-is and put in the store. Other than the tag (pic 1), no more info was available (not even a price).

Enjoy!
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #21
Red_
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherkoeeTom
Ha ha, at least this isn't a cliffhanger that will last for months like a TV show. I charged my camera battery enough to extract some pics. Red Dragon, I don't know if it is part of an off road package or not. The beadlocks are made by Hutchinson (it's on the side of the rim). I made a mistake, the wheel was in the Jeep Store, not the Engineering Tent. It was on the display with all of the other Jeep accessory wheels. I asked two of the college kids that were working the display area if they had any more info and they said no. According to them, the displays were built off site and brought to Camp Jeep (CJ from here on out) as-is and put in the store. Other than the tag (pic 1), no more info was available (not even a price).

Enjoy!
Kewl thanks Click free
Red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #22
JeepJohnson
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1. Why are they using "P" rated MTs? 2. Why are they mounting a 10" wide tire on an 8.5" wide wheel?
Low Output 2.5L Member #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaldor View Post
The top is a Barkertop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeman29 View Post
OH WOW, it electrically smashes all the fabric and windows together and looks like a big burnt marshmallow hangin off the back of your rig!!!!
JeepJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #23
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Hutchinson=$$$

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #24
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

^^ since bf goodrich does not currently offer this tire is this size the P probably stands for Prototype, not the rating. The 10" tire on the 8.5" rim will protect the rim a little better and will except a larger tire more that an 7" or 8" rim. Which mean it will more versatile in the 17" size range.

On a personal note the 17" rim on a 31" tire really looks like crap. The longer middle bolt will get torn up on rocks.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #25
Pottymouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Location: 30 minutes south of Baghdad....oops....I mean Detroit.
I've been told by my friends dad, who works for a 3rd party engineering company that designs something on the Wrangler (not sure what part), that a diesel engine will be available sometime between late 2007 to mid 2008.

Also, he said that a lot of DC workers, along with many of us, are not very happy with the direction the Wrangler is heading. With that said, I still think we need to give it a year or two and let DC work out the kinks. Just remember, every year that the Wrangler model has changed, there has been a firestorm and, look where we are today with the TJ.

Now onto my extremely biased opinion, the JK is going to suck
10" Kicker Compvx Subwoofer
350W Kicker Amp
A big back seat for some fun with the lady friends
Pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #26
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJohnson
Actually a narrower wheel will protect the rim better as the bulge in the sidewall of the tire will keep rocks ect. away. And those are 32" tires.

31" or 32" they still look like crap.

apparently I can post back in time, WTF?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #27
JeepJohnson
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Actually a narrower wheel will protect the rim better as the bulge in the sidewall of the tire will keep rocks ect. away. And those are 32" tires.
Low Output 2.5L Member #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaldor View Post
The top is a Barkertop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeman29 View Post
OH WOW, it electrically smashes all the fabric and windows together and looks like a big burnt marshmallow hangin off the back of your rig!!!!
JeepJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #28
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottymouth
I've been told by my friends dad, who works for a 3rd party engineering company that designs something on the Wrangler (not sure what part), that a diesel engine will be available sometime between late 2007 to mid 2008.....

NOT A CHANCE! Unless DCX and the US federal regulations change tommorow it will not happen. We quote DCX exhaust buisness daily and there isnt even a quote in the works for a US diesel JK. Im not saying it cant happen, but I want you guys to realise that typically it takes 3 to 5 years to develop an exhaust system or any other automotive component. This is from kickoff to SOP (start of production). If it was going to happen it will be extremely small quanity less then the KJ CRD, or it will be a full blown production and you could expect that sometime from 2010 MY to 2011 at the soonest. I wish DCX would have offered a diesel for the JK, but it will have to wait.

everything below has a hyperlink to the install/review
Rubicon Express Long Arm
D30 Alloy axle shafts with Alloy U joints
D30 Powertrax no slip locker
Skid row skids engine- gas tank - radiator- steering box
Expidition one trail series rear bumper and carrier
Edge Trail jammer install/review
Bestop Trailmax Aqua seat
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #29
DavidC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I got to drive the 4 door unlimited Rubi as well at CJ (it was the FIRST thing we did once we got in) and I liked it as a possible DD vehicile to replace my 4 door car.

Also, I attended the last Wrangler engineering roundtable on Sat. The 2 door Rubi sitting outside the tent had a sticker that showed a disappointing MPG of 16/19. I brought up the point that they should dump a diesel in the JK and the engineer who repiled pretty much said that they would be stupid not to as they heard this all CJ long. So stay tuned. If Jeep does this, bye bye car I'll have three Jeeps then.(and absolutely no more money!)
99 Sahara D30/44 w ARB's and 4.10's, Warn 9.5TI,AA SYE & Wood's shaft,Raingler nets,Jeeperman trail skids,Warn gas tank and steering box skid's, BDS 2" springs, Currie control arms,32" MTR's,AEV Bridger wheels, custom made tire carrier bumper,Dynomax cat back JKS quicker disco's.PSC Trail Cage,Banks header,LiteDots.PSC Trail Corners.
92 CDN M101 trailer, 33" TSL Swampers,camo paint. Original camo tarp.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #30
Pottymouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Location: 30 minutes south of Baghdad....oops....I mean Detroit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me
NOT A CHANCE! Unless DCX and the US federal regulations change tommorow it will not happen. We quote DCX exhaust buisness daily and there isnt even a quote in the works for a US diesel JK. Im not saying it cant happen, but I want you guys to realise that typically it takes 3 to 5 years to develop an exhaust system or any other automotive component. This is from kickoff to SOP (start of production). If it was going to happen it will be extremely small quanity less then the KJ CRD, or it will be a full blown production and you could expect that sometime from 2010 MY to 2011 at the soonest. I wish DCX would have offered a diesel for the JK, but it will have to wait.
From how it was told to me, it is either an engine that they have been working on for some time now or an engine coming from the "Daimler" side of things. I will try to talk to him some more and get some specifics.
10" Kicker Compvx Subwoofer
350W Kicker Amp
A big back seat for some fun with the lady friends
Pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.