Seatbelt Noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Seatbelt Noise

Up to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
mdjk10
2010 JK Wrangler 

Seatbelt Noise

Okay, finally getting consistent warm weather and have been driving for first time my 2010 JK with the top down. It is great but for what I am sure is a simple fix for you guys that can fix or repair anything on a jeep with a straw and some crazy glue. I can't stop my seat belt from flapping against the side of jeep and making a horrible noise. Help.

mdjk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wrap a piece of velcro around it

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Buy the cheap assorted bungie chords from an autozone or some such establishment. Use whichever and however many you want and secure the belt to the roll cage. I like the closed loop ones with the plastic ball.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Remove the worthless factory belts and just ducttape yourself in....
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
mdjk10
2010 JK Wrangler 

Velcro and bungee cords, the go to answers for most of my Jeep questions. Still had two extra velcro strips from the package bought at Home Depot to tie down the sunrider top. Attached one to driver's side seatbelt last night and problem solved. If I put the remaining velcor strip from my 4 pack in the gas tank will I get better gas mileage? Thanks for your help.
mdjk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
wms0009
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjk10
Okay, finally getting consistent warm weather and have been driving for first time my 2010 JK with the top down. It is great but for what I am sure is a simple fix for you guys that can fix or repair anything on a jeep with a straw and some crazy glue. I can't stop my seat belt from flapping against the side of jeep and making a horrible noise. Help.
I bought some of the seatbelt pads/cushions from the dollar store and placed them where the flapping was happening. Worked like a charm!
wms0009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.