SEAT squeak! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > SEAT squeak!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Lammer
2011 JK Wrangler 

SEAT squeak!

I have a seat squeak/creak, when the driver seat is in lowest position (no ratcheting up), regardless of distance from the steering wheel, I get a squeak/creak. It is most noticeable when I first get in and lean back, or when pulling away from a stop, turning a corner, or getting out of the Jeep. The Jeep is an 2011 Unlimited Sahara, new this past June. It's been in twice already for a fix, but no luck. First time, squeak was there as soon as I got the Jeep back, second time it was fine for a week, then returned. It appears they worked on the bolts to the floor.

I had a 2008 Unlimited Sahara, that had a sqeaky seat, but it was remedied the first time in. (They greased/oiled the F#*k under the seat, a bit messy but after a bit of a wipe down, it was great).

This Jeep is from a different dealership. I'm 200 lbs, 5'8". The sound goes away if I use the ratchet and up the seat to the first setting above the lowest. Problem seems is that over a period of a week or so, the seat eventually lowers and the squeak comes back.

Being a brand new Jeep, this annoys me, especially with it having been resolved in my 2008.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem? and what exactly did they do to fix it? I'm hoping to go in this third time and tell them what I want done, vs them guessing and not solving this irritant.

thanks in advance

Unread 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

"Seat Squeak"? If that's what you want to call it, ok then. I usually blame it on the dog. Sorry, couldn't resist.

It sounds like something under the seat is coming loose over time. Never had this problem...yet. If it is annoying enough, I'd remove the seat from the Jeep, and go over every bolt checking for looseness and tightening them all. Maybe a dab of superglue on the guilty bolt to keep it from loosening again.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
hydrotechtx2
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had the same thing happen on my 2010 JK. I lightly greased the track and ran the seat back and forth several times...fixed the problem for now. I don't mind the little rattles and creaks in my JK but damn my seat was loud.
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
5foot19
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a small squeak in my seat as well. I am hoping to look into the seat and brackets tomorrow.
5foot19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 JK Rubi leather driver's seat squeaks with lateral movement. Annoying.
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
creak , problem , seat , squeak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.