Scratches on door sill. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Scratches on door sill.

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
archlich
2009 JK Wrangler 

Scratches on door sill.

Stupid me scratched his door sill from wearing boots and not being careful...

What's the best way to repair any damage now so it won't rust in the future?

I was going to get some sill guards as well, anyone have a personal recommendation?

here's picture of my stupidity =(
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4749/dsc0057i.jpg

archlich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sill guards, around $25. After looking a little closer it does'nt look like they would help

Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
nukemustang
2009 JK Wrangler 

I would just use touch up paint to keep it from rusting, but the sill guards may help with other areas that may get scratched. I am pretty tall (6'4") so I know that it is a pain for me sometimes to get into the Jeep. I either kick the door pocket or hit something on the sill.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
archlich
2009 JK Wrangler 

duayne77, yeah it doesn't look like the mopar one will cover all the way to the edge, where most of the scratches are. I might be able to use something else to cover that gap, like rubber tape.

nukemustang, I share your pain, at 6'3" and the neighbors car next to mine, it's a pita to make sure not to ding their car and not hit mine either =(
archlich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nothing a little Duracoat wouldnt fix.
Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

I found this stuff at a local auto supplier http://www.bodyshopsuppliesforless.c...t_version=true (the best I can find on the net). It's a clear protective tape that they use for the front of car bumper, rocker panals, door sills, ect. I bought some for where my sail panel meets the body because it was rubbing the paint off. Something to check into.
Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.