Sat Radio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sat Radio

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 09-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
tbrkek

Sat Radio

Anyone with the Sirius radio having any problems of it always going out. I am assuming it is because the attennae is not on the roof, obviously. With that...anyone know where the antennae for the satellite radio is? I have XM in another vehcile through GM and I hardly every lose the station. In the Jeep, I can't go more than 5 minutes without it cutting out. It only cuts out for a few seconds, but still annoying! Anyway, not sure why they have it in a vehcile where it can't be mounted on the roof, thus giving out poor coverage.

tbrkek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
jeepboy85

I don't know if you have the JK or a TJ, but I have Sirius in my TJ and it works perfectly fine. I have a plug and play radio with the antenna on the drivers side roll bar and I never loose reception, works perfectly fine through either the cloth of the soft top or the fiberglass of the hardtop.
jeepboy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepboy85
I don't know if you have the JK or a TJ, but I have Sirius in my TJ and it works perfectly fine. I have a plug and play radio with the antenna on the drivers side roll bar and I never loose reception, works perfectly fine through either the cloth of the soft top or the fiberglass of the hardtop.

I'm not sure where the factory mounts the antenna in the JK... but seeing as it is either fiberglass or canvas above it, I don't see why it is cutting out.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
nierace
2003 WJ 

It depends on where you're driving...mine cuts out when I am driving on back roads with tons of tree coverage...on open road it never cuts out. In the winter it hardly cuts out and in the summer it does get pretty annoying.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
stl_07

same here! i have had sirius for 3 years now and the only time it cuts out is when i go under bridges and at the gas station. i also noticed it when i am between large buldings (downtown highrise) it cuts out from time to time. just needs that direct line to the sky..
stl_07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Another reason why sirius sucks and XM is better. Sirius spends all thier money on names while XM puts money into technology.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
tbrkek

Even still...anyone know where the antennae is for the factory installed Sirius. My JK came with it for a year...but where the heck is the antennae??? It can't be combined with the FM/AM antennae, can it??
tbrkek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
parkstephen

Mine is stuck on the inside of the front windshield by the driver's front right lower corner. I got a year's service with my purchase of my 06 too.

Anybody else's there?
parkstephen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
yellj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ
Another reason why sirius sucks and XM is better. Sirius spends all thier money on names while XM puts money into technology.
Can you explain that, I would have thought it is those making the Head Units and antennas, do they use different satellite bands (not sure if that is the right term)
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I just don't like all those commercials on talk show/new channels. I end up listening to BBC news since they have no commercials, of course, Howard Stern. My antenna is inside the rollbar cover, sitting on top of the rollbar. Do loose signal sometimes but mostly it's fine even going under tunnels and trees. I think there are times it cuts out more than other times going thru something with short loss of line of sight to the sky... I attribute this to satellite position at the time. I'm curteous of the signal quality of the in-line Sirius unit because my Sportster quality isn't good even though I'm using RCA connection to back of OEM unit.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.