San Antonio Area Procal or Superchips Programmer Use ASAP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > San Antonio Area Procal or Superchips Programmer Use ASAP

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

San Antonio Area Procal or Superchips Programmer Use ASAP

Im PCSing to Elmendorf next wed and would like to get this updated before I make the 4300 mile trip.

Ill pay for its use..

It just dawned on me that these may be vin specific, I dont know, and my searching is limited today at work.

If someone has one and I can use it, or if someone has one in the area that wants to sell, hit me up.

2009 Wrangler. XRC 10 winch
RE 3.5" basic lift. Poison Spyder Rockbrawler bumper
35x12.5 KM2. Poison Spyder Rockerknockers
Crager soft 8's. PS diff and evap skids
Bilstein 5100's. Light force 170's
KC Slimlights
AFhockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Yes, they are VIN specific.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ok. so after reading what the SC offers, id basically be spending 350 bucks to correct my speedometer.. All of the other stuff doesnt pertain to things I can use on mine.. ****

2009 Wrangler. XRC 10 winch
RE 3.5" basic lift. Poison Spyder Rockbrawler bumper
35x12.5 KM2. Poison Spyder Rockerknockers
Crager soft 8's. PS diff and evap skids
Bilstein 5100's. Light force 170's
KC Slimlights
AFhockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
redrockin7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFhockey31 View Post
Ok. so after reading what the SC offers, id basically be spending 350 bucks to correct my speedometer.. All of the other stuff doesnt pertain to things I can use on mine.. ****
VIN specific - check.

I like my AEV procal... for $150 new (and sometimes 100-115 used I've seen), it fixed up my speedo, etc. and since I have an auto helped with shift points (even though I cant set them specifically) after tires and gears.

I also have used it for the center steering function before, put on daytime running lights for the fun of it, and have actually used it to clear a code after my ESP went wacked out and was fixed at home... Oh yeah, and I have set my TPMS to only go off at 15, so they I won't constantly get dinging when offroad and shutting down/starting up.

Definitely worth the $ IMO for the Procal, especially if not using any other functions on the SC.
redrockin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Superchips will correct the speedometer for you.

Also has different fuel tunes which you may or may not find useful (I like em').
It also allows for TPMS adjustment and has some cool data logging features (which I haven't used yet).
Also reads and resets trouble codes.

If you don't need or care for all of the extras, then get the procal. (But you should be able to pick up a Superchips for under $300 at Truckcustomizers.com).

Procal is still a good investment. I keep thinking I would use the Daytime Running Lights, but I automatically turn on my headlights every time I get in anyway.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.