Sahara Hemi - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sahara Hemi

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
jeepnpr
2011 JK Wrangler 

Damn that thing is sweet. Personally, I like the way its set up.
Your Sahara look sweet, really like the fact that there is no "Look at me I'm a Hemi" badging or stickers on it.
Tho I imagine anyone actually paying attention will know something is not quite right once they hear it running.
Only change/addition I would make would be some rock rails and flat tube fenders (I'm a fan of ACE for both) and some Rubi rails to fill the gap.
I know you said not much rock crawling but this will help protect your sides from idiots that throw doors in parking lots.
Being that your high up they will definitely tear up a door without letting the door hit the Jeep

Apologies for the thread hijack, but does anyone make a Hemi conversion for a 2011 with a MANUAL trans?
I always see the swaps with autos but I prefer a stick.

jeepnpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #17
Sahara_Hemi

I deff wanted it sleeper mode. Although anyone that knows anything will hear it and know. I have it quiet but it still has that v8 throaty growl.
Sahara_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnpr View Post

Apologies for the thread hijack, but does anyone make a Hemi conversion for a 2011 with a MANUAL trans?
I always see the swaps with autos but I prefer a stick.
If you go to that site, they will swap a Hemi in with a manual transmission. Your choice.

With an auto tranny, just turn off the ESP, hold the brakes, and light 'em up.
I can smoke my 37's with the ESP turned off (courtesy of RIPP), and I'm running an auto.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara_Hemi View Post
I deff wanted it sleeper mode. Although anyone that knows anything will hear it and know. I have it quiet but it still has that v8 throaty growl.
Haha, good, keep it that way!
One time I had a rice racer (Honda Civic) next to me at a stop light, revving his engine like he wanted to race me. Once I revved up my engine and he heard the supercharger whistle, he decided otherwise. Mwahahaha!!
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
Carlo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is the Sahara Hemi street legal??? I thought new rules for upgrading engines is that the vehicle must be at least 8 years old or older. I know Jeepspeed shop will sell the kits for the JK regardless.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If I send someone here a video can u post it here. Ill show u the redic power of this thing
You can send it to me.
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
jeepnpr
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Is the Sahara Hemi street legal??? I thought new rules for upgrading engines is that the vehicle must be at least 8 years old or older. I know Jeepspeed shop will sell the kits for the JK regardless.
I may be wrong but I believe that most states require new engine to be of same year or newer than vehicle being swapped into. Some require engine to be same make also i.e. chevy into chevy, dodge to dodge etc.
jeepnpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #23
Sahara_Hemi

Well I havnt had any problem insuring or registering it. I even had a state trooper clock me to make sure my speedo was correct. We popped the hood and he oohed and aahhed for a few. I feel confident someone would have said something.
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is a video of his Hemi in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ye9u...ature=youtu.be
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
Sahara_Hemi

Thanks man! It's like I discovered love for the first time every time I drive it. I was a sport bike guy forever. Nothing ever really satisfies that power high like a sport bike. But man this is close.
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man! It's like I discovered love for the first time every time I drive it. I was a sport bike guy forever. Nothing ever really satisfies that power high like a sport bike. But man this is close.
NP. Glad you can share this with us. Always seen videos shot from the outside of Hemi-Jeeps, but never one from the inside.

I've always wanted a bike (cruiser or sport *cough* Hayabusa! *cough*) ever since I sold my old motocross bike. The Jeep has cured about 99% of my bike-want. Cruising with the top & doors off is awesome.

But as everyone can attest to, the 3.8L really sucks. Would've done the Hemi/LS swap if I had the $$. But the SC still puts a smile on my face. Maybe when I stop spending $$ on mods (like that'll ever happen), I'll get some serious money saved up to do a V8 swap.
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #27
Sahara_Hemi

I honestly couldn't afford it. This guys loss was my gain. I would be scared to add up the $$ in aftermarket parts on this jeep. I would guess into the 20k area. It needs a little love in some areas. HID's. new wheels and tires. A step ladder to climb in. A small dent and scratch in the passenger front door. But I'm already ordering parts. How many posts before I can add a profile pick and stuff?
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:42 AM   #28
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeez. That'd give my Raptor a run for its money. Thing is FAST.
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #29
Sahara_Hemi

Thanks! I love it I had a raptor recently. Thing drove me crazy. My two buddies could smoke that think. One had a predator. One had a 450r maybe? So I started upgrades. Intake no help. Programmer no help. Full exhaust no help. 35 dollar sprocket change - ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! Went from getting smoked easily to having to launch in 3rd gear with two passengers and it was still not a race. Got it up to 105 behind my buddies mustang. Drafting a bit but still FAST! I used to love getting on the highway passing cars and people look at u like they just saw a alien when u come cruising by!
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #30
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

You need 25 posts in a Technical forum/section (like this one) before you can post pictures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.