Sahara - Axle locker? Axle ratio? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sahara - Axle locker? Axle ratio?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Meir10

Sahara - Axle locker? Axle ratio?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Sahara 2007 specs there is "Locker rear axle". Does anybody know if it Is a Real Differetial locking and if so - ARB \ Detroit \ other? is it standard?
Could you guys recommend on a locker for JK 2007 - Dana44?

An axle ratio of 4.1 is option - should I gp for it?

Meir

Meir10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Sahara 2007 specs there is "Locker rear axle". Does anybody know if it Is a Real Differetial locking and if so - ARB \ Detroit \ other? is it standard?
Could you guys recommend on a locker for JK 2007 - Dana44?

An axle ratio of 4.1 is option - should I gp for it?

Meir
locker and 4:1 transfer case is only available in the Rubicon I believe

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
locker and 4:1 transfer case is only available in the Rubicon I believe
4:1 Transfer case is Rubi only, but you can get 4.10 axle ratios as an option on the X or Sahara (they're a standard part of the tow package anyway along with a couple of others I believe).
Unread 02-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
CJATE

I have not ordered yet, so I may be wrong, but the book indicates you can get a rear locker in the Sahara. Does not look like it comes with the 4:1 t-case but a locker in a 44 in the rear, seems to be available

front locker is not available in the Sahara

I think I would be irritated form time to time with a rear but no front locker.
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
newvances
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Standard is 3.21 Axle Ration with Dana 44 Rear End
newvances is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
redpony03
2006 LJ Wrangler 

read the fine print in the bouchure it says late availability, seeing they are 8mts into the productin run, late is an understatment. as for the rest of the replys it is going to be the same locking axle found on the rubbi!! not sure about it only being available only in the 4:10 ratio, but it will be electric orperated, not a bad deal if it ever gets here!!!!seems jeep is playing delay games to keep the interest up, just like with the tj launch had to wait over 1yr to get the 44 axle on the sport model. but now it's gig radio, locking axle, hard tops. what gives? how can you go into production w/no part suppliers on board?????
redpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newvances
Standard is 3.21 Axle Ration with Dana 44 Rear End
On Unlimiteds and 2drs with the 6-speed

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Go for the trailer towing package. It includes 4.10 gearing, although you can get the 4.10 gearing without getting the trailer towing package. The Track Lock is available with either gear ratio. The axle locker is not the same thing as the Trak Lock. Track Lock is another name for limited slip differential. Axle Locker is something that allows you to engage positive traction. You can get axle locker with or without Track Lock and vice versa. 4.10 gearing can come with either one or both Track Lock and axle locker. I'm not sure about the 3.21 gearing. If you are going to go with bigger tires and/or tow something, you'll want the 4.10 gearing and depending on how big of tires you go with, maybe even something more geared down than that from the aftermarket.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
You can get axle locker with or without Track Lock and vice versa. 4.10 gearing can come with either one or both Track Lock and axle locker.
You can't get the limited-slip diff with the locker. If you get the locker, it will have an open diff, without the option of lsd

I don't think the locker is a big name company like ARB. Jeep used Tochigi Fuji Industrial Co., Ltd (later became GKN driveline) for their lockers in the TJ, not sure if they still use the same company for the JK

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.