Is it safe to go 4 wheeling this weekend with no abs or esp? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Is it safe to go 4 wheeling this weekend with no abs or esp?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 07-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Under the center console there is a black box (accelerometer) that reads the roll of body etc....ot is on the passenger side by the ebrake handle....easy to get to its a purple with light blue stripe....snip it and put a toggle switch inline...the. you can turn it off or on at will....

There are to purple wires one with dark blue and one with light blue.....the light blue is the wire to snip....there's o lay 4 words run king took the box if I remember correct.y so its not a big harness.....I had to snip Mk e last wheeling trip....couldn't turn left without it engaging and wreaking havoc....so snipped it and drove home...120 miles that would have sucked to go slow....

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #17
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

he should be done with his trip by now?

Cutting the deceleration box, should set off the SRS light as well. In theory that would disable the air bag system from working as well. might be better to just pull the wire from the ABS ?
Unread 07-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #18
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
he should be done with his trip by now?

Cutting the deceleration box, should set off the SRS light as well. In theory that would disable the air bag system from working as well. might be better to just pull the wire from the ABS ?
This was n reply to post 12 and doesnt pullling the fuse stop the speedometer....

Personally I'd gut the worthless unit on a lifted jeep....I couldn't drive home because of it and it isn't. the first time....
There's a exit near me that the jeep gets all funky because it kicks on....I dont like abs anywase especially when wheeling and in the rocks...useless....
I daily drive mine and no issues I can make the rig do what I want when I want and its predictable.e not trying g to drive itself....
So to each his own obviously but for my experience I prefer to have it on a switch so when it gets stupid I can shut it up...

Its great for mom and dad who are driving to the mall and don't wheel hard or lift the rig a fair bit and customize.....

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #19
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce View Post
This was n reply to post 12 and doesnt pullling the fuse stop the speedometer....

Personally I'd gut the worthless unit on a lifted jeep....I couldn't drive home because of it and it isn't. the first time....
There's a exit near me that the jeep gets all funky because it kicks on....I dont like abs anywase especially when wheeling and in the rocks...useless....
I daily drive mine and no issues I can make the rig do what I want when I want and its predictable.e not trying g to drive itself....
So to each his own obviously but for my experience I prefer to have it on a switch so when it gets stupid I can shut it up...

Its great for mom and dad who are driving to the mall and don't wheel hard or lift the rig a fair bit and customize.....
that esp module controls a lot of **** and i believe has the proportioning valve, i was going to remove mine but it would have been a royal pita.

ABENDX gave me this info on it when i looked into it...

I should add.... ditching the entire module will leave you with some issues. A lot of things are going on in the ABS harness and removing the module leaves the harness no where to terminate, nor gather required data. Splicing wires at first seems plausible, but without a scope on there, I am not really sure what signal modifications might be made at the ABS module as the CANBUS is bringing data from all the goodies under your center console (and wheels, speed, etc) and my guess is the signal is modified at this point. If that's the case... systems will fail if removed. Never the less, the car will run, you just will not be operating the entire system at peek performance.

You could always consider just going three wire. Money isn't a concern, right? lol

Now, I have been told that you can leave half the module (part with the harness connection) and retain PCM nirvana, but I have no direct experience, so take that with a grain of salt. Look up CJCRAIG on PBB and see what he did.... mounting half the module underneath his PCM mount.... pretty slick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.