Safaristrap without tailgate bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Safaristrap without tailgate bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Safaristrap without tailgate bar

I want to get the safari straps and i have a hard top. Does anyone on this forum use the safari straps with a hardtop, my thing is that the tailgate bar will get on my nerves with opening the tailgate and having half a bar right in my way. Also does anyone have pictures of using the safari straps on a stock jk, not to sure how they would look since all the pictures i see are of jk's with big tires.

toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

You can't use a tailgate bar and the hardtop at the same time. The tailgate bar has a clip on each side that holds the bar,the hard top won't go on with it there. I'm also wondering why you would need the safari straps if your hardtop is on anyway? I have the safari straps they are nice, no picts because my hardtop is on this time of year.It also does not come with the bar you would use the one from a soft top.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

For during the summer, how is it you have your safaristrap and hardtop on at the same time then, thats what i want to do but dont understand, do you just fold up the safaristrap and tuck it somewhere?
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I ended up taking the whole safari strap out for the winter,except for the rear side window panels. You could leave it on and roll the back section up over the roll bar and tie it up so it doesn't flap around.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thats what i was wondering. Thanks,
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any pictures of it, if you jk's stock. I dont think stock ones will look good with the straps, but i cant find any photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.