rustys offroad & tire/lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > rustys offroad & tire/lift?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
2011jeepjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

rustys offroad & tire/lift?

Im new to all of this and was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with rustys offroad and his lifts. Im looking at getting the 3.25" suspensionlift kit with mtz 35" tires. Would I need to regear? Would the larger tires cause tranny damage? I have a 2011 2 door stock jk sport. Would my warranty be gone? Any input on this would be appreciated.

2011jeepjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
mikeinminn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have no experience with Rustys but I do have 35s and a 2.5" lift. I have the auto and a regear would be nice because it gets pretty doggy with my stock Rubi ratio. You will have it a little worse because your ratio is not as aggressive. If you have a manual, you should be OK. Auto, and you'll be shopping for gears. There is a chart on here somewhere (I think its in the FAQ section). Hope this helps.
mikeinminn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
2011jeepjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

I appreciate the response, yeah I have the auto and do plan on regearing in the future

thanks again
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's decent for the $. I've put it on a few jeeps. My .02 is don't do their 5150 upgrade. I thought the kit actually rode better with the standard shocks. It's a nice kit for the $. The trac bars aren't overly beefy but they seem to work. Their disconnects are a little cheap too. The jks upgraded disconnects are nice tho.
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
nj-rubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not to derail your post. I have a brand new still in box 3.25" rustys advance lift. Everything is still in the boxes. If you are interested let me know.

Also, to answer your question. No you should have no problems. However, you may want to re gear sooner then later.
nj-rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
2011jeepjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

thanks guys I appreciate the input.
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

everything ive gotten from Rustys has been good stuff.

Tags
lift , rustys offroad , tires , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.