Rusty's 3.25 kit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rusty's 3.25 kit

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty's threads

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #32
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustysOffroad
And yes with ours no DS upgrade needed, now like many systems around this height you may need to upgrade your DS's down the road.
So why is yours different if its at the same height..?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #33
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustysOffroad View Post
Not avoiding it, I thought you could learn something new today.

Then please teach. Because it really seemed like you where avoiding questions and answering with half truths.

Quote:
There you go.

A lot, do a search on the various companies that are out there that offer a radius arm set up.
What other companies turn the stock length arms into radius arms?

Quote:
Again it has been used in OE applications for a LONG time, and in aftermarket applications. There is a reason for joints that flex

What OE Radius arm setup most resembles the Jeeps axle mount locations separation and offset?

How does the Jeeps axle mounting locations differ from most OE radius arm designs?

Do radius style upper arms as found on a Jeep twist and push the axle in opposite direction when the suspension flexes (1 side up/ 1 side down)?

All of those OE applications where designed around a Radius arm suspension and have axle mounts intended to be used with a radius arm. The OE applications do not take an axle setup up for a 4 link+ trackbar suspension and try to turn it into a radius arm suspension.

Quote:
What is the cost involved \ compared to a radius style set up?
How much will it cost to replace and have a new upper control arm bracket welded on after a set of radius style arms twist and rip it off?

Do long arms compared to short arms provide less bind for a given amount of axle travel?

Would long arms allow more axle movement with less twist/pull/bind the upper arms create when compared to stock length/ short radius style arms?
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #34
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
Dont concern urself with long or short arm debate. The jk comes from the factory with a mid arm setup. Just get some adjustable lower front arms at the least and u should be fine with the type of wheeling u say ur going to do.

I agree with you when looking at the stock 4 link with trackbar setup. There's an adequate amount of control arm to work with. I have no plans of going with long arms.

That's just not the case when going to a radius style arm though. It's not a "long arm vs short" arm debate, You need to take the twist and bind involved with a Jeeps radius style control arms into consideration.

The separation and offset of the upper arm axle mount combined with a main arm that short, immediately starts to twist, rotate and push/pull in opposite directions. The joint's "flex" does not absorb any of the push/pull force and only a little bit of the twist.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.