Rust Belt '14 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rust Belt '14 JK

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Rust Belt '14 JK

Hey guys! I wanted to get a build/timeline of my new JK going.

Here was my 2000 TJ I got my senior year of high school.

I built just about every option possible on Jeeps website and decided what I wanted, went to a few dealerships, and they all told me that they were done ordering/building '14s and that I would have to wait for a '15 or just source a similar '14 at another dealership. I am not a very patient person, so I just kept looking.

Then one day I noticed a sweet looking 2014 and my parents said lets go for a ride and check it out just for kicks and giggles. Well the salesman basically tossed me the keys and said I need to drive it. The test drive was back an old logging or well road which was pretty cool. We went back and I knew I wanted it.

The dealership took a JK Sport with only A/C, auto, LSD, 3.73s, and a hard top, then sent it to River Raider. They threw some goodies at it which was what made me want it so bad at first, but now I'm seeing things that will be changed when I can do so.

So here is my new 2014 JKS 'River Raider'

The list of not so stock parts are
River Raider:
Front and Rear Bumper/Spare Carrier
Rock Sliders
Tube Fenders

Other parts:
1.75" Coil spacers (front and rear)
17x9 Ultra X105 Wheels
35/12.50x17 Fierce Attitude Tires
Fog lights in front bumper and same lights wired as backup lights in rear bumper

Unread 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

The plan as of now is:

Winch *currently have a lead on a 9.5 warn power plant for $150 that needs rebuilt
Truss front & rear. *custom
C gusset
2.5"/3" lift *undecided on brand, INPUT WELCOME!*
Diff covers. *undecided on brand
Redneck Fab CA's with Johnny Joints
Currie Antirock

Made my first purchase for the JK last night! Custom Marathon seat covers!! Probably going to order a couple hundred feet of paracord for some grab handles tonight
screen-shot-2014-08-19-8.41.52-pm.png

Unread 08-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
JD_JEEP_JK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice build you have going I would like to stay updated
JD_JEEP_JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
jcarroll1022

I also have a '14 JK and want to beef it up just a little bit. How's the ride with those 35" tires?
jcarroll1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarroll1022 View Post
I also have a '14 JK and want to beef it up just a little bit. How's the ride with those 35" tires?
It rides great! I'm only used to 31s so it rolls over things a lot nicer. There's only about 850 miles on the jeep so I haven't taken it anywhere but around town. Any hard wheeling will have to wait till I C gusset the front and truss them. Depending on what is done to yours, you won't be able to just throw 35s on.
Unread 08-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Jeep, man! You're right. The price of used vehicles is crazily close to that of new ones...idk why

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
jcarroll1022

35"s look nice with a 4" lift. I don't plan on doing any crazy off roading but would like to if I can find a spot
jcarroll1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You lucky jk owners and your big wheel wells....

Unread 08-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepaholicNinja View Post
You lucky jk owners and your big wheel wells....
I know! I love it. I remember putting 31s on my TJ and though it looked good ha

I took my swaybar links off and did a little playing yesterday to see how much it rubbed. These 35s are perfect

Unread 08-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #10
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

I had my first actual wheeling trip last Saturday! We went to Rock Run in Patton PA. I believe there was about 19 Jeeps there in the group. Anywhere from a stock TJ with a simple 2.5" lift to the trailered LCOG LJ and a couple JK's. Mine rolled over 1000 miles on the way home! Didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to but mostly cause I was driving the whole time. The only pictures of my Jeep are just poser shots. But here are a few anyway!

Probably one of the nicest TJs I have seen

The to JKs mine needs a coil lift and rid of the spacers!

Here is most of them. There were 19 Jeeps total at one point. Notice the Toyota
Unread 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichard117 View Post
I had my first actual wheeling trip last Saturday! We went to Rock Run in Patton PA. I believe there was about 19 Jeeps there in the group. Anywhere from a stock TJ with a simple 2.5" lift to the trailered LCOG LJ and a couple JK's. Mine rolled over 1000 miles on the way home! Didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to but mostly cause I was driving the whole time. The only pictures of my Jeep are just poser shots. But here are a few anyway!

Probably one of the nicest TJs I have seen

The to JKs mine needs a coil lift and rid of the spacers!

Here is most of them. There were 19 Jeeps total at one point. Notice the Toyota
You're only at a thousand miles?! Haha im at 192,000 as of yesterday haha. Looks like a blast though. Was it mostly mud or rocks or what?

Unread 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

There is a mix of everything. That's why I love PA. Rock Run has mud, rocks, hills, creek crossing, switchbacks up hill sides. Pretty much anything. Most of the bigger rock gardens and harder trails I don't have my own pictures of but I am still gathering pictures from everyone. Once I get some more I'll post them.
Unread 08-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #13
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well this weekend I got the first oil change done. I decided ~1000 miles was good so I got some Pennsoil and the Mopar filter since purolator doesn't make one for the '14
[IMG]http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504/reichard117/Mobile%20Uploads/0B295E16-6454-4A55-9ACA-F4AFE2842E6B_zp****6lcey.jpg[/IMG]

Also got a couple supplies for my project today. Any guesses on what it is gonna be!?

Also took two girls out the other night to a football game. you can see one laugh at me for taking a picture of the JKU that parked behind me. And if you look close, there's a third Jeep in the picture.

I forgot, I made a sticker to rep the site. If it's a problem I can take it off.. I don't know if anyone would get me since I haven't gotten a membership yet.
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well I am getting the itch to buy something for the Jeep. I have a few things in mind but does anyone else have something to suggest that should be done sooner than later?

I'm thinking..
Disconnects or maybe waiting and just doing Currie AR
Diff covers
Steering stabilizer with high clearance bracket
Strength items (truss, gusset the knuckles, other?)
Winch
or actually holding my horses to save a little longer to finally get rid of my spacers and get a 2.5" lift and decent shocks

Anybody have any suggestions?
Unread 09-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well I sold my truck which leaves me with some money for other things. I am looking at lifts now and to my understanding, two door automatics can be lifted 2.5" without driveline and exhaust modifications? I have been looking through another forum with just lift reviews and there are guys that are doing 3" and 3.5" lifts. One guy did a 4" Zone Offroad lift with stock driveshafts. The jeep will be wheeled so I want to be able to use the full travel of the suspension. A Currie Antirock will probably be the next purchase after the lift so I'll probably just run solid links till then.

Can someone clear this up with me?
I just want to be able to buy coils/shocks and adj. track bars if needed. I'm not looking to modify the exhaust (except for spacer if needed) or the driveshafts at this phase of the build. I am okay with a so so on road ride quality for better off road capabilities. Straight rate coils I am assuming will work better for me.

I do plan on staying at 35" tires. 37's may come with regear, and different axle set up. That will be after the warranty is gone so I have a few miles to go until that happens. This is also a daily driver. I can go about a week tops without a vehicle. We have more tools than some shops and mechanical skills so it shouldn't take longer than an afternoon.
Who can help? I obviously don't know a ton about this stuff. YET

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.