I was going to post this in my other thread but I felt it was deserving of its own. So yesterday I finally finished tweaking my bumper install that I kicked off last weekend. It was a real PITA getting everything up to par. Here's a few things I ran into:
Problem: Holes on bumper did not line up with holes on frame mounts.
Solution: With body mount bolts loose on one side and bumper bolts inserted and loose on the other side I stuck a large screwdriver in one of the holes and applied leverage to line up the shackle holes while I inserted the bolts.
Problem: Tailgate would hit latch plate tower when opening.
Solution: Moved passenger side shackle mount as far towards the driver side as possible.
Problem: Latch was not at the same level as latch plate and could not be closed.
Solution: Installed all the shims the kit came with between the ramp & bottom of tire carrier and ground down a bit of the bottom of the end of the latch.
Problem: Latch required an amazing amount of force to close and secure tire carrier.
Solution: Drilled out the holes on the latch plate and moved it as far towards the driver side as I could. Moved the latch & handle assembly as far towards the passenger side as possible. Ground down the tip of the latch.
Problem: Gap between bottom of fender flair and top of bumper was twice as large on the passenger side.
Solution: Placed 3-4 washers under the top bolt holes on the driver side tire carrier shackle mount between the bumper and the body mounts to level the bumper.
Problem: Tire jiggles & wiggles left to right when hitting bumps and on bumpy roads and kind of whenever.
Solution: Adjusted the tire carrier arm inward to bring the tire closer to the tire carrier's center of mass. Didn't completely get rid of the issue, but it helped.