Rugged Ridge Lightbar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rugged Ridge Lightbar

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Rugged Ridge Lightbar

Does anyone have the Rugged Ridge light bar? I am thinking about getting it, I like it but I'm not sure if it's right. I plan on getting a new bumper, but I can't afford it right now so this will have to do.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_1100_07.htm

I also like the Mopar light bar:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_5100.htm

Oh and I found this, anyone have this light bar? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_4000.htm

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have one like the rugged ridge one on my TJ. spray paint the part that mounts to the bumper with rustoleum because it will rust up a bit.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I have one like the rugged ridge one on my TJ. spray paint the part that mounts to the bumper with rustoleum because it will rust up a bit.
You have any pictures?
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i have one

this is the best shot i have right now. Lemme know if you want something different

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I like it.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between:
Rugged Ridge lightbar (http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_1100_07.htm) and the mopar lightbar: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_5100.htm

Now I need a semi cost-effective lights, what do you think of these:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97026_0X_PG.htm Is that everything I need? I don't need super bright lights, just good enough for the beach.

---
Quote:
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just came in from installing the one from Rugged ridge on my 08 (looks identical to the mopar?).
Looks great and really quick and easy to install. It should also allow for a new bumper in the future.
Installed some 3x6 - 55w lights too (not hooked up yet though) I also like the fact that it gives a little extra protection for the rad. Fairly cheep mod. Lights and bar, 180.00 total.
2008 4 door Sahara / Rescue Green Jeep Club Member #15
1992 YJ / White
mtbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbr View Post
I just came in from installing the one from Rugged ridge on my 08 (looks identical to the mopar?).
Looks great and really quick and easy to install. It should also allow for a new bumper in the future.
Installed some 3x6 - 55w lights too (not hooked up yet though) I also like the fact that it gives a little extra protection for the rad. Fairly cheep mod. Lights and bar, 180.00 total.
Pics? Where did you get the lights?

---
Quote:
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is the link; Not sure if they are sold in the states or not.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...Lamp%2BSet.jsp
Just cheap ones (compared to the ones at the local 4x4 shop at 250.00) but they actually look pretty good / solid and heard they work well.
(I sanded off the Baja print on the covers)
1992 YJ / White
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #9
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ah, I seen them at stores. Do the square ones look good compared to round? I was aiming towards round ones.

---
Quote:
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

The squares looks pretty good, but i would probably prefer a 4" round.
1992 YJ / White
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I may go with these, http://www.quadratec.com/products/97026_0X_PG.htm but get the black grill. Don't want bright yellow on a white and black Jeep

---
Quote:
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
LovinFirstJeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMack View Post
Does anyone have the Rugged Ridge light bar? I am thinking about getting it, I like it but I'm not sure if it's right. I plan on getting a new bumper, but I can't afford it right now so this will have to do.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_1100_07.htm

I also like the Mopar light bar:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_5100.htm

Oh and I found this, anyone have this light bar? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_4000.htm
this is the carr bar. (on the roof)

LovinFirstJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinFirstJeep View Post
this is the carr bar. (on the roof)

What are you thoughts on it?

---
Quote:
Unread 08-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
LovinFirstJeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

i like it. its a pretty stout bar. also check these out. i have the fogs on the bumper and the driving lights on the bar. cheaper then the kc lights http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=4355

LovinFirstJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinFirstJeep View Post
i like it. its a pretty stout bar. also check these out. i have the fogs on the bumper and the driving lights on the bar. cheaper then the kc lights http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=4355

Thanks! That looks really good!

Are those lights allowed to be used for normal driving? I planning off road use only. What are the laws like that to make it road legal? I also have a white Jeep - http://jeep.sidrahq.com/SNC00011.jpg

---
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.