Rubicon Rub Rail - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Rub Rail

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #61
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEVBrute
yes on a stock Jeep you probably could keep it under control I am sorry now I see the pics we run totally different rides, my tires are 7 inches taller than yours. my apologies, wrong sandbox

Ruby is a Rubicon, I am real sorry I am in the wrong Forum
Never mind.

ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #62
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ha I ran 37's on my tj with no sway bar for 3 years all it does is make the body roll more on turns. It gets a little scary, but I never felt like it got out of control. As for the "JKUR springs" giving more lift, I was making a point that you can get lift from the stronger springs by putting them on a light 2 door. And I can replace springs in less than an hour....

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #63
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1
Ha I ran 37's on my tj with no sway bar for 3 years all it does is make the body roll more on turns. It gets a little scary, but I never felt like it got out of control. As for the "JKUR springs" giving more lift, I was making a point that you can get lift from the stronger springs by putting them on a light 2 door. And I can replace springs in less than an hour....
It does more to negatively affect your jeeps performance than just body roll. Running no away bar(s) is foolish.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #64
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm not claiming that everything I did in high school was smart. Just saying your not going to spontaniously go into a death roll because of a front sway bar

13 JKUR
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #65
TJLockedNLoaded
2008 JK Wrangler 

plus, you can usually score a used set of rubi rails and those sons-a-*****es are heavier built than i ever thought!
TJLockedNLoaded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #66
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

when i trimed my rub rails at the pinch seam i didnt realize how thick they were. took almost half a cutting wheel to get through one. check my build thread for pics. i agree that the way they mount and compared to somea ftermarket rails out there they arent the greatest for protection. better than having nothing and they are thick and sturdy as hell. i havent heard anyone having problems with what they were intended for. they can take a beating.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #67
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I took a sawzaw to mine and it went through like butter

13 JKUR
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #68
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1
I took a sawzaw to mine and it went through like butter
x2
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #69
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a "S" and was lucky enough to pick up a set of rubi rails today. I plan on installing them and wonder if it is self evident how they are hung?

Also, the previous 3 posts talked about trimming the rails or the pinch seam [not sure which]. Which? and Why?

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #70
brighton
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
I just bought a "S" and was lucky enough to pick up a set of rubi rails today. I plan on installing them and wonder if it is self evident how they are hung?

Also, the previous 3 posts talked about trimming the rails or the pinch seam [not sure which]. Which? and Why?

Thanks,

John
You shouldn't have a problem, installation of the Rubi rails is pretty straightforward.

35" or larger tires and you will want to trim the Rubi rails and pinch seams or they could hit the tires, esp. when flexed.
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #71
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Yeah, you'll figure it out as soon as you hold the rail up to fit it in place. It'll line up easy if it's on the right side. If not, put it on the other side.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #72
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

will Rugged Ridge RRC side armor

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/side-ar...-11504-21.html

fit with rubi rails

and, if so,

how well are they made and easily installed?

I cannot find any reviews on them when I googled.

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #73
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

From that page: "Will fit Rubicon models, but the factory rocker guards must be removed."
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #74
flyerfan033
2014 JK Wrangler 

Recieved the Rubicon Rail from a friend and put them on my sport last night. Really gives it a finished look for now, better than nothing. Looking to add the Ace Rock Sliders at some point. Does anyone know if any other rock sliders would work with this setup?
img_2053.jpg  
flyerfan033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #75
TomF
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got tired of stalking CL for a pair of Rubi sliders for the JK so I bought a pair of JKU Rubi sliders on CL for $100 and cut them short. No shortage of JKU sliders. If you get them from a mod shop like I did, make sure you have two different sides, not two of the same side. The nuts bolts washers were about $15.00 at the hardware store for the stars. I cut one rail with the grinder and one rail with the sawzall, for chuckles, and had a neater cut with the sawzall. No sweat. But it didn't matter because you cant tell the difference after slopping on black RTV sealant over the cut metal to glue on the black plastic end cap from the cut-off piece. There is a trick to popping off the end cap but you will figure it out. I just used the sealant to hold the cap on the cut end of the rail, and it has worked fine in deep mud, trails, and rocks.

Anyway I did get hung up on the rocks a couple weeks ago at the Pickens County Sheriff's JeepFest obstacle course and see-sawed back and forth on the Rubi rail till they pulled me off. So I was glad I put it on because it would have otherwise crumpled the bottom seam. But I doubt the rail would stand up to any serious impact.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.