Rubicon Rub Rail - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Rub Rail

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolander
I like my Mopar enhanced rock rails with the tube added. Provide a little bit of a step and adds some distance from the body for protection including in parking lots. I had them on my 2006 LJR and came down hard on a rock and did no damage other than a little powder coat scuff where the rock hit it. They are pricey, but rock solid!
I like those a lot too. Awesome for OEM!

Remmy18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm

No. Tubular side steps are the ones you see on the Saharas...

http://www.mopar.com/part/82210571AD...4318668&b=jeep
That was the guest thing I put on mine when I got my 2009 4 door so the wife and kids could get in easier. Got into an argument with a boulder one day and well, let just say the boulder one. Now I have rubi rails and Ace Rock sliders. Yes you lose a little with the ace as far as clearance but I'm happy with it. Just think of it as side bumpers. 8-)
Coppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion
I'd like to do the Rubi Rail/ACE slider combo on my two door. Just have to find someone selling the Rubi Rails at a good price...
One of the off road catalog stores sells used rock rails if you can't find them on Criags List.

https://www.fortec4x4.com/Mopar-8221...JK-4-Door.html

Careful though, when they sent me my first pair they sent me two passenger side rails. After a phone call they quickly sent me the missing driver's side. Also they send you nuts and bolts to mount them. I was very pleased with them.
Coppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #34
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the link! I've been watching Craigslist but no joy yet. Was also hoping to get some rubicon JKU spring & shock take offs. Found one seller but he ended up not being local so that was a bust too.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've been watching CL also, with the same results as MrF. Just as soon as I buy a new set, a nice used set will show up.

I'm about to hijack my own thread, but what do the Rubi shocks and springs do that the shocks and springs on a Tow Pac, 2 door Sport S does not? My Jeep will be a daily driver, pretty close to stock for a while. But it is also going to serve as my "Weekend Adventurer" also. No real rough stuff planned, but you know how that often goes.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #36
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

The springs gave a buddy of mine a slight lift and the Rubicon (Red) shocks are a bit better than the stock (black) ones. Helped minimize the sag when he replaced his plastic bumpers with all steel.
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolander View Post
I like my Mopar enhanced rock rails with the tube added. Provide a little bit of a step and adds some distance from the body for protection including in parking lots. I had them on my 2006 LJR and came down hard on a rock and did no damage other than a little powder coat scuff where the rock hit it. They are pricey, but rock solid!
Those look great but I can't quite tell from your picture but is your rock rail removed before you installed the enhanced rock rails?

Are the enhanced RR bolted onto or welded?

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #38
bbolander
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Those look great but I can't quite tell from your picture but is your rock rail removed before you installed the enhanced rock rails?

Are the enhanced RR bolted onto or welded?

Thanks,

John
The stock Rubicon rail is removed and the enhanced rock rail is installed in it's place using the exact same hardware. Both are bolted to the JK using the same hardware in the same locations. The enhanced rock rail is exactly like the stock Rubicon rail except that it has the tube welded to it in several locations. If you don't have a rail at all and get the enhanced rock rail, all the hardware required comes with it.
2012 Rubicon Unlimited Freedom Top, Mopar rock rails, Marathon seat covers, 2" Mopar lift, Mopar Sunbonnet, Bestop Duster. Prior 2006 Rubicon Unlimited modified, 98 Cherokee Classic, Three Early Broncos
bbolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #39
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
I've been watching CL also, with the same results as MrF. Just as soon as I buy a new set, a nice used set will show up.

I'm about to hijack my own thread, but what do the Rubi shocks and springs do that the shocks and springs on a Tow Pac, 2 door Sport S does not? My Jeep will be a daily driver, pretty close to stock for a while. But it is also going to serve as my "Weekend Adventurer" also. No real rough stuff planned, but you know how that often goes.
I you can snag rubicon springs from a JKUR you will get an inch or two of lift on a two door from what I have seen and heard. It depends on what springs you are currently running (can check the stock number attached to the spring)

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #40
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1 View Post
I you can snag rubicon springs from a JKUR you will get an inch or two of lift on a two door from what I have seen and heard. It depends on what springs you are currently running (can check the stock number attached to the spring)
That's my plan. Wife has me on a tight Jeep budget so I do what I have to. No luck finding JKU Rubi springs and shocks lately on Craiglist either. Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Asten, that a great suggestion! Thanks!
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

I have a set from my 2010 JKU Rubicon with tow package and hardtop including shocks. Roughly 8,000 miles at the time they were removed. PM if interested.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #43
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

I dented my drivers side slider in pretty good doing rocker knocker in moab on pritchett canyon, if I had it hit it any harder it may have caused problems with closing the door.

I now have LOD sliders installed.

if you are going to do some serious wheeling get some frame mounted rock sliders.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #44
AEVBrute

Mopar Rock Rails are cost prohibative to ship so they are often sold or given away cheap.

Ace steps can be used with mopar rails
Ace steps mount to the frame. most steps dont
Mopar rock rails are used to hide the ugly pinch weld
Ace steps are the best I have ever seen hands down, they sold for 265 when they first came out
Ace designed the steps to work with the mopar rails in 2011 so the number of rails taken off since then has diminshed
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
AEVBrute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1 View Post
Can you take a picture of the Ruby springs next to stock, my research has shown that getting lift form a Ruby spring is a wives tale. If the height is different than that would make sense, the coil rate is no different so the height would be the only variable that could produce lift.
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.