Rubicon on Order - Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon on Order - Help

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
pfred
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon on Order - Help

Question for all. Ordered my Rubicon yesterday. I ordered the dual top option, but DC has also charged me for the hard top $612 at "invoice". My sales guy can not get the additional $612 off the order. So essentially - I am getting charged $1300 for the dual top option plus the $612 for the hardtop. He called D.C. and is waiting for a response. He thinks its a system glich and it will "Work"out when the vehicle is built. He also showed me his computer when he ordered the vehicle and the system won't let him order it w/o selecting a "roof color". When he selects black it add the $612 to the order automatically. Anyone experience this? Luckily my rubi is schedule for a may build..we'll see.

pfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfred
Question for all. Ordered my Rubicon yesterday. I ordered the dual top option, but DC has also charged me for the hard top $612 at "invoice". My sales guy can not get the additional $612 off the order. So essentially - I am getting charged $1300 for the dual top option plus the $612 for the hardtop. He called D.C. and is waiting for a response. He thinks its a system glich and it will "Work"out when the vehicle is built. He also showed me his computer when he ordered the vehicle and the system won't let him order it w/o selecting a "roof color". When he selects black it add the $612 to the order automatically. Anyone experience this? Luckily my rubi is schedule for a may build..we'll see.

This seems a bit fishy to me, becuz what comes up on that computer is of no difference in the final sale price to you the consumer. They can sell the car for free if they wanted to, as long as the manager signs off on it. Dont let them fool you into some addational charge. Please call them out on this one. Guys back me up.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
T-man
2007 JK Wrangler 

I suggest asking your dealership to put a cancel order in the DC system AND not charge you for that. Also, request after doing that for the them to reenter the order into the system. I think they should be able to make a change order normally if they just placed the order yesterday.

See how they respond to this. There could be database problems with the DC ordering site or application.
T-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
pfred
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks.. I also didn't want to totally freak out on the sales guy, but will followup with him tomorrow. Just as a heads up for people looking to order a rubicon. Got my deal about $400 less invoice cost, no dealer prep or doc fees. I think i got a good deal, but certainly am not going to pay extra $600.. Thanks for the thoughts. My impression was the my sales guy (also the fleet manager) was stumped but who knows....thanks again.
pfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfred
Thanks.. I also didn't want to totally freak out on the sales guy, but will followup with him tomorrow. Just as a heads up for people looking to order a rubicon. Got my deal about $400 less invoice cost, no dealer prep or doc fees. I think i got a good deal, but certainly am not going to pay extra $600.. Thanks for the thoughts. My impression was the my sales guy (also the fleet manager) was stumped but who knows....thanks again.
You got a great deal. Congrats

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
D4SSWME

happened to my order too but got the dealership to change the paperwork or order ASAP...new paperwork now showing a savings of $612.00 Invoice price of HardTop
D4SSWME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.