Rubicon lockers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon lockers

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #16
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsig View Post
1)correct not disconnected
2)Lights stay on solid when engaged.
Thanks. I have only used my lockers once and that was when I was already stuck in a mud hole. I guess that is why It didn't seem like they made any difference when I turned them on as the lights were only flashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrockin7 View Post
...As for the lockers engaging, sometimes it will take a few feet before they lock in, or even unlock after turning them off....
Is it possible to lock them when I am at a stop?

I feel like I should know this stuff, I even read the owners manual front to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
redrockin7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribs View Post

I feel like I should know this stuff, I even read the owners manual front to back.
Technically, yes, they should lock as soon as you hit the switch. All that's happening is a 12v signal is being sent to the electronic locker and causing it to lock/engage. I honestly don't know why it sometimes takes a few feet to really engage, but it just does. LOL.

Most of the time mine lock and unlock just fine, as soon as I touch my switches, though. Usually at a dead stop...

There is a vid on youtube that one of the custom shops posted I believe showing an e-locker out of the housing engaging and disengaging and how it really works.
redrockin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #18
skivviss
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. I have only used my lockers once and that was when I was already stuck in a mud hole. I guess that is why It didn't seem like they made any difference when I turned them on as the lights were only flashing.

i swear i've been able to get mine to engage when i've been in a swivel position (driver front and passenger rear both with no traction). seemed to just take a few seconds of letting the gears spin and the tractionless wheel on the axle spinning. release the throttle and wait a moment and then the lockers stopped flashing and i was moving upward again.

i don't think it was the BLD system, sometimes if its just one wheel and a small slippery patch i don't even bother with the lockers. definitely not as controlled feeling as the lockers when doing that.
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

So I just tested my lockers out here to see if they work. The front locker light will go solid but the rear one wont, it just flashes. Any suggestions? It should still be under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #20
Avernar
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So I just tested my lockers out here to see if they work. The front locker light will go solid but the rear one wont, it just flashes. Any suggestions? It should still be under warranty.
Try turning the steering wheel to the side a little bit to make the back wheels turn at a slightly different rates to let the dog teeth mesh.
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.