Rubicon leveling kit with 35's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon leveling kit with 35's?

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
jpschutte
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rubicon leveling kit with 35's?

Pretty staright forward question. I searched but could not find an answer. I have a 13 Rubicon unlimited. I want to buy this kit http://www.amazon.com/Teraflex-11552...productDetails. Will I be able to fit 35's on with flat fenders with this kit? Thanks!

jpschutte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

2.5" is the conventional wisdom. Maybe with flatties, but I think I would go with a budget boost
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

stock rims will need spacers. off road at stuff it may rub, depending on use. depends on what "flat" fenders you are talking. front will shift a bit to left as you go up. that is why they make adjustable track bars. it will be off about 3/8 of a inch.
Unread 09-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
jpschutte
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I am going to go with the 2.5 budget boost
jpschutte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpschutte
Pretty staright forward question. I searched but could not find an answer. I have a 13 Rubicon unlimited. I want to buy this kit http://www.amazon.com/Teraflex-11552...productDetails. Will I be able to fit 35's on with flat fenders with this kit? Thanks!
It really all depends on the wheel offset and the flares. You'll need to trim the Rubicon sliders and possibly the rear pinch seam unless it's already been trimmed from the factory. You can always add a bit of extra bump stop to alleviate a minor rub.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
cdnroadwarrior
2012 JK Wrangler 

The 1.5" Leveling kit is made to fit 34" tires.

With trimmed or after market flat fenders, you can do 35's.

You will need wheel spacers or wheels with 4.5" of backspacing or less.
cdnroadwarrior is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpschutte View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I am going to go with the 2.5 budget boost
If you don't want to run the Jeep off road/flex it you can get buy with the leveling kit and flatties. If you decide to go with the 2.5" Lift Kit there are a bunch of options. Let me know what you like and I'll get you a great price!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
poolboy93
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes you can with most likely the help of bump stops. I ran 325/65r18 with this kit and 2" bump stops (2 hockey pucks) and stock fenders.
image-1593510746.jpg

poolboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.