Rubicon 2.5" lift sway bar disconnects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon 2.5" lift sway bar disconnects

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 11-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
timbotrog
2014 JK Wrangler 

Rubicon 2.5" lift sway bar disconnects

I've had my 2003 WG Grand Cherokee V8 for a few years now but my 2014 JKU rubicon arrives next week.

This may sound like a silly question, but do I need to extend the electric sway bar disconnects for a 2.5" lift?

Cheers
Tim

timbotrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rubicon disconnects differently than manual disconnects. It doesn't disconnect at the end links. It is a 2 piece bar coupled together and when you disconnect it un hinges. The end links always stay put. You may want to get some bigger end links though since a lot of 2.5" lifts give you more height than advertised but you may not NEED them. Also wouldn't hurt to get manual disconnects since the Rubi e-disco is always breaking.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

My RK 2.5" Max Travel lift came with longer sway bar disconnects, and I use them instead of the e-disco. Never had a problem with my e-disco breaking. Rather, the sway bar links would bend like a boomerang or break when the suspension was seriously flexed and they somehow came back bound up. RK lifts are seriously flexy, btw. So, I just manually disconnect them instead of pushing the e-disco button.

So, yes, I'd recommend getting extended sway bar links. For the cost, it's worth it.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
My RK 2.5" Max Travel lift came with longer sway bar disconnects, and I use them instead of the e-disco. Never had a problem with my e-disco breaking. Rather, the sway bar links would bend like a boomerang or break when the suspension was seriously flexed and they somehow came back bound up. RK lifts are seriously flexy, btw. So, I just manually disconnect them instead of pushing the e-disco button.

So, yes, I'd recommend getting extended sway bar links. For the cost, it's worth it.
Yeah they end links get screwed up that way when they aren't long enough. The need to be long enough to compensate for the addition droop in the suspension.

Get some longer end links.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.