Rubi wheels and tires on a non rubi. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubi wheels and tires on a non rubi.

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
JKRolling
2010 JK Wrangler 

Rubi wheels and tires on a non rubi.

Hello all, just singed up to the forum and loving every minute of it You guys helped me out a ton back when I had my YJ. I was a lurker back then lol. But I've since parted ways with my square headlights and I've started over with a new JK. I have just a few questions right now, but I'm sure as time goes on you'll get sick of hearing from me. My question is this: I'm looking at buying a set of rubi takeoffs from a guy on cl. I have a 2010 sport model with an automatic (yeah yeah). I'm wondering if there will be any noticeable power loss? In other words, can the 3.73 handle it? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRolling View Post
Hello all, just singed up to the forum and loving every minute of it You guys helped me out a ton back when I had my YJ. I was a lurker back then lol. But alas, I've parted ways with my beloved square headlights and I've started over with a new JK. I have just a few questions right now, but I'm sure as time goes on you'll get sick of hearing from me. My question is this: I'm looking at buying a set of rubi takeoffs from a guy on cl. I have a 2010 sport model with an automatic (yeah yeah). I'm wondering if there will be any noticeable power loss? In other words, can the 3.73 handle it? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
It is fine. The tires are almost the exact same size as the goodyear wranglers you get with the sport upgrade package.

The rims are exactly the same.

You will have a slightly rougher ride as you are going to a MT from an AT tire.
JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

It's a nice little bump especially if you pick up the Rubi take-offs for a good price. The Sport will be okay with the 3.73 gearing. If you're upgrading from the 16 inch wheels with 29 inch ST tires, you'll need to look into correcting the speedo. You can either go to the dealership to have hem flash it, which can cost anywhere between FREE and $75, or you can pick up a ProCal for $150 new, $100 used. If you have a little more to spend, there's the Flashpaq which will correct the speedo and tighten up the automatic tranny a litte. They're ~$330 new and can be found for cheaper used, but make sure it is unlocked if you buy it used otherwise it will cost you $100 from Superchips to unlock it. Happy wheeling.
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.