Rubi shocks when changing to rubi springs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubi shocks when changing to rubi springs?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
DocJake
in therapy

2009 JK Wrangler 

Rubi shocks when changing to rubi springs?

I scored a set of unlimited rubi springs (xxx-17 and xxx-18) on ebay for $100 and expect they will likely be stiffer than the #12 and #13 I'm removing (each number higher corresponds to an extra half twist of the coil, with corresponding height increase). As the higher spring rate will mean my 2 door will sit less into the spring range than the old set, I'm anticipating the typical slight height increase.

So now that the springs are different, do I need to swap out the old shocks for new? I have the sahara tow package, which I think means I have gas shocks, at least in the rear. Will the stiffer springs overpower the shocks now? Maybe I should wait and see? Any thoughts folks?

GJ

DocJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think you'll be fine, but that is just opinion only.
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.