RRidge / Quadratec Cargo Liner WARNING FOR 2-DOOR JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RRidge / Quadratec Cargo Liner WARNING FOR 2-DOOR JK

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

RRidge / Quadratec Cargo Liner WARNING FOR 2-DOOR JK

The cargo liner doesn't work well as-is for the 2-door JK. Read on and check out the pics. My JK is 2010, so maybe it works for prior years but I doubt it.

The cargo liner for the 2-door JK requires trimming around the floor seat connections and optional subwoofer.

Even if you have removed the rear seat permanently, as I have, the forward two seat connection loops stick up above the floor, so you still need to trim the liner if you want it to lay flat.

The liner has convenient cut-out lines where you are supposed to trim with a utility knife. No problem so far. I'll just cut out the two sections for the forward seat connection loops and I'll be good to go...

Um, not exactly. THE CUT-OUTS ARE MARKED IN THE WRONG PLACE! Not only is it ugly, but the liner still rests up on the floor loops and doesn't lay flat. More trimming is needed.

Here are pictures:

Nice fit overall

Why trimming is necessary

Here's what an outline looks like. This one is for the rearward of the backseat cutouts, but you get the idea. It's a "cut on the line" sort of thing.

Here are the cut-outs

And, here are the results

I like the product overall. It's heavy, fits well, etc. I think I'll call Quadratec and see if I can expand the holes on this one and still return it. Once I get the holes the way I like them, I can use this one as a template on the new one, and send this one back. Or hopefully they'll just tell me to throw this one away.

Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a picture of the liner installed from further away to see the whole thing?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a picture of the liner installed from further away to see the whole thing?
Yep, here you go... I think it would work great for a 4-door. The 4-door doesn't have any protruding floor loops where this liner goes. I think they were lazy with the hole placement because the instructions say that if you don't have a rear seat, you can skip the trimming. But then the liner would rest on the tops of those loops. I tried that and it was really poor. And the loops are nice for tie-downs, so cutting them out makes sense.

In this picture, you can see that the front edge is buckled. That's because it's resting halfway up the loops on both sides because of the improper hole placement.

Unread 06-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the pic. The wife has the two door. The four door cargo liner works well...I just had to cut out the speaker portion. The backseat still goes in with the liner installed, correct?
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yes, the backseat still goes in with the liner. You have to cut out the rearward set of holes for where the seat attaches to the floor. Those mounting spots are recessed into the floor, so you'd only want to cut those out if you plan to use the back seat.

Those spots are pictured above in the "as easy as cutting on the line" picture.

Overall I'm very mixed about this for the 2-door. I guess if I can get the cut-out to work, it's ok. But I'm frustrated that I even have to cut anything, and no matter how careful I am with the cut, it's still probably going to look hacked. I spent 40 minutes doing these two holes and I don't think they look very good, even if they were in the right place.
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

It looks fine...I think. They should have manufactured a lip around the holes so that fluids won't leak. Oh well I guess.
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I guess I'll order another one, get those holes to work, and then worry about the return of this one. They're not that expensive so even if it's a total bust it's not the end of the world. I just wanted to post this so people could see that the forward holes are not marked in the right place, and they might be able to use my pictures to figure out how they want to cut their holes, if at all.

I'm also going to consider other brands, or maybe another solution. I love the front matching ones, for what it's worth.

Good luck.
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

We have the front matching ones. They aren't a perfect fit either but they get the job done.
Unread 06-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think that those spots that were cut out should have just been molded to fit over the hoops so that the liner will hold spills and such. Anyhow, if it were me I would send it back and get my money back. I think that they definitely know about the holes being off center but since they had a whole batch made like that they decided to let the customer worry about it. I’m sure you’re not the first to complain.
Thanks for the heads up. It will save some people the disappointment that you experienced.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
johnsons63

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinner View Post
The cargo liner doesn't work well as-is for the 2-door JK. Read on and check out the pics. My JK is 2010, so maybe it works for prior years but I doubt it.

The cargo liner for the 2-door JK requires trimming around the floor seat connections and optional subwoofer.

Even if you have removed the rear seat permanently, as I have, the forward two seat connection loops stick up above the floor, so you still need to trim the liner if you want it to lay flat.

The liner has convenient cut-out lines where you are supposed to trim with a utility knife. No problem so far. I'll just cut out the two sections for the forward seat connection loops and I'll be good to go...

Um, not exactly. THE CUT-OUTS ARE MARKED IN THE WRONG PLACE! Not only is it ugly, but the liner still rests up on the floor loops and doesn't lay flat. More trimming is needed.

I like the product overall. It's heavy, fits well, etc. I think I'll call Quadratec and see if I can expand the holes on this one and still return it. Once I get the holes the way I like them, I can use this one as a template on the new one, and send this one back. Or hopefully they'll just tell me to throw this one away.
Thanks for the heads up

my brother is planning to buy a cargo liner. do you have any suggestions or advice on where can we buy a good quality but low price cargo liner? we prefer to purchase it online and this is our first time to buy this stuff and i dont have any idea how much does it cost so i dont know if will get a good deal if i will inquire to some online stores.

Thanks,
johnsons63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
JST2CRZY

Great write up and photos. Have the same issue with mine. Just called my dealer and they are going to order another one (got it with the Mopar bucks). As suggested, I'll use the old one as a templete to cut the holes in the correct space.
JST2CRZY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking about a cargo liner for the back of our JK (with the back seat removed) and have been wondering how it would fit. Great write up and pics. Hopefully Quadratec will take care of you.
jdog1065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
20Rubicon07
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed mine yesterday in my 07 Rubicon, no issues with floor loops. I had to cut the portion for the subwoofer no big deal though. Very happy with purchase. I bought mine on amazon for $78 free shipping, I saw some today for $63 + SH.
20Rubicon07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up...I was actually thinking of these...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
04 RUBI
2009 JK Wrangler 

I had these mats and loved them. I have a 4-dr but it is still the same item. I don't understand why they don't have a lip on them to stop drainage.
That said, If you have a 2-dr, get it Line-x'd. They will go by sections as opposed to the whole vehicle.
04 RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cargo , liner , quadratec , rugged ridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.