Rough Country vs Spydertrax 1.5" wheel spacers. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country vs Spydertrax 1.5" wheel spacers.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

View Poll Results: Which wheel spacers???
Spydertrax for $200. 42 56.76%
Rough Country for half the price. 32 43.24%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #46
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
Don't be ridiculous! That's the Pentastar that's gonna do that!

Back to the topic. I went with Sipertrax and have had zero issues. Been running them ever since this thread was started.

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #47
wjgiants39
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wow there is alot of good information in here... dont know if i missed something but since the updated design of the R/C spacers to hub-centric what makes the spidertrax spacers so much better? I'm looking into getting spacers for my wj and would obviously like to keep as much money in my pocket for other upgrades but dont wanna end up buying something thats crappy
wjgiants39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgiants39 View Post
Wow there is alot of good information in here... dont know if i missed something but since the updated design of the R/C spacers to hub-centric what makes the spidertrax spacers so much better? I'm looking into getting spacers for my wj and would obviously like to keep as much money in my pocket for other upgrades but dont wanna end up buying something thats crappy
They're both the same spacer size and hub-centric. Go with RC.
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #49
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

I picked up some used RC spacers off of their eBay shop for $49 a pair. Haven't put them on yet though so I can't really weigh in.

Now I need more money.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #50
coorsmgood
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had the cheapo ones that were NOT hub centric and wheeled the **** out of them rock climbing and never ever had one issue and every time I checked the torque there were still perfect. ran them for 3 years and moved them to another jeep. never a issue. spidertrax you are just paying for some blue steel and a name like a fancy tag on your girly jeans. just my two cents.

Last edited by 1222; 09-27-2013 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Bypassing word censor.
coorsmgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #51
planman
Thanks to all Mod erators

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog1065
I went with Spidertrax. I got them through their "Outlet" for $79 a pair. They have cosmetic blemishes, but I couldn't find anything wrong with the ones I got, and they have the same warranty as the "regular" ones.
X2

If $200 shipped for Spidertrax is too rich for 4 spacers, call them and order a set of color blems for less.

Or, buy a used set.

The RC spacers only save you about $60 off $200 for Spidertrax.

Why would anyone risk running Grade 5 quality studs instead of Grade 8 quality studs to save $60 on a highway driven jeep?

At least a year ago, RC's spacers were lower quality than represented. Their suppliers were messing with them, and RC did not take the time to test even one spacer to see if it was within specs.

Makes no sense to me.
planman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #52
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Spidertrax and RC - how about the Alloy USA 1.5" spacers??? Aluminum, hubcentric, tiny bit cheaper than spidertrax? How to these relate to the other two?
SubAtomicGenius is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #53
x97-TJx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

rc for me no issues

Last edited by x97-TJx; 12-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: new
x97-TJx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #54
davison0976

RC spacers is the way to go!

I went with Rough Country 1.5 wheel spacers. Think about it. Same 6061-T6 aluminum as Spidertrax, Grade 8 studs as Spidertrax, hub-centric as Spidertrax, but almost half the price.

The way I see it it's not Spidertrax, it's SpiderTAX. Plus, I don't get what's the deal with the blue color?

Got RC and I am a happy camper. Way to go RC!
http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1091.html
davison0976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #55
planman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davison0976
I went with Rough Country 1.5 wheel spacers. Think about it. Same 6061-T6 aluminum as Spidertrax, Grade 8 studs as Spidertrax, hub-centric as Spidertrax, but almost half the price. The way I see it it's not Spidertrax, it's SpiderTAX. Plus, I don't get what's the deal with the blue color? Got RC and I am a happy camper. Way to go RC! http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1091.html
The point of the analysis I posted in my thread was proof that the RC spacers were not as represented. The studs were grade 5 quality, not grade 8. The aluminum was not what was represented either.

The difference in cost to the consumer is less than $60 shipped for a set of 4 to go with Spidertrax. For about the price of a tank of gas, you can get a spacer made in the US instead if China, and that actually is as represented.

Did RC recall all the spacers that they sold that didn't meet spec? No.

Do you really want to trust a company that sold spacers with grade 5 lugs represented as grade 8?

I wouldn't put RC spacers on a street driven rig to save $60. I wouldn't do it to save $6,000. I can't trust that their quality control for their Chinese outsourced wheel spacers will catch when materials get substituted to be out of spec to increase profit for the Chinese manufacturer.
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #56
davison0976

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
The point of the analysis I posted in my thread was proof that the RC spacers were not as represented. ...
I am sorry, can't seem to find the analysis can you post a link or point me in a right direction, please?
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #57
planman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davison0976 View Post
I am sorry, can't seem to find the analysis can you post a link or point me in a right direction, please?
Looks like when WOL banned me from JKF that that thread got deleted.

Before I ran 40s on my JK, I bought a pair of RC spacers and had them tested.

6061-T6 has a tensile strength of 45,000 PSI, not 31,400.

Grade 8 bolts have a hardness rating of 33-39, not 26.2.

These are the results for the RC spacers:

Unread 09-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #58
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Guys, Planman is right here. As always he went above and beyond and had them scientifically compared. I remember that thread from JKF and I would NEVER use RC spacers.

Also those RC spacers are $60 a pair, you can buy the same quality spacers from Craigslist or EBay for $40 and they probably come from the same factory in China.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #59
davison0976

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
Looks like when WOL banned me from JKF that that thread got deleted.

Before I ran 40s on my JK, I bought a pair of RC spacers and had them tested.

6061-T6 has a tensile strength of 45,000 PSI, not 31,400.

Grade 8 bolts have a hardness rating of 33-39, not 26.2.

These are the results for the RC spacers:

Thank you for sharing. This is a very interesting information. Can you tell which lab ran this analysis and how much did it cost to have it done?
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #60
planman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davison0976
Thank you for sharing. This is a very interesting information. Can you tell which lab ran this analysis and how much did it cost to have it done?
Most universities with an engineering department have a lab that can do it for you.

If you have one if yours tested. Post the results.

I had an acquaintance of a friend do it for me. My primary cost was purchasing the pair of spacers and shipping.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.