Rough Country lift or Rock Krawler lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country lift or Rock Krawler lift

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Out of A. B. or C. I choose D. None of the Above!

Here is why...

I like the Rock Krawler. I would go that route over Rough Country in a heart beat! I would not go with the 3.5". That is WAY to much lift for you 35's! Heck, I have the 3.5" on our JKU and it is running 40's! For the 35's, I would go to a 2.5" and not look back! As for which one, it depends. What are you going to do with the Jeep? What is your budget? I would more than likely start with the 2.5" Flex System:

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/rkjk25fs.htm

This is going to give you a GREAT on road ride. Especially since they are changing now to a Triple Rate coil! Plus, this will handle your 35's and anything you want to throw at it off road. Plus, it wont break the bank!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help or if you have any questions my friend. We always enjoy talking lifts!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road
Out of A. B. or C. I choose D. None of the Above! Here is why... I like the Rock Krawler. I would go that route over Rough Country in a heart beat! I would not go with the 3.5". That is WAY to much lift for you 35's! Heck, I have the 3.5" on our JKU and it is running 40's! For the 35's, I would go to a 2.5" and not look back! As for which one, it depends. What are you going to do with the Jeep? What is your budget? I would more than likely start with the 2.5" Flex System: http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/rkjk25fs.htm This is going to give you a GREAT on road ride. Especially since they are changing now to a Triple Rate coil! Plus, this will handle your 35's and anything you want to throw at it off road. Plus, it wont break the bank! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help or if you have any questions my friend. We always enjoy talking lifts! -Jason

Curious Jason,

Are the triple rates for the 2.5 going to on all 4 corners or front only? We will be talking more when I'm ready to pull the trigger but I was leaning towards Synergy but now I'm intrigued.. Dammit man
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

For me 3.5 is the near perfect lift for the Unlimited and anything less just hinders the off road capability to some degree. The reason I say that is because of the over optimal long wheelbase (horrible break-over angle) of the 4drs.

As far as lifts go I can only comment with certainty that the AEV lifts are one of the best out there. I am not saying that some of the other lifts discussed here are anything less than AEVís or maybe even a bit better as I have absolutely no experience with them. Itís just that I ran AEVís lift on my í08 and liked it so much that I installed another one on my í12.

I am not talking about those that play in extreme rocks for most of their wheeling but more of a do-all Jeep that you can still take home to mama. Are there better setup Jeeps than mine, hell yea, lots of them here, Iím just giving my point of view concerning lift height.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
715racing
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a 3" Zone lift on my '13 Rubicon, and love it. It works very well for our uses, which I suspect are similar to the OPs. Rides great on the highway, works super off road, and the price was very reasonable. We do not "rock climb", or try to go through 4' of mud, but in the Pa snow, mud, trails and rocks, it does great.
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
I have a 3" Zone lift on my '13 Rubicon, and love it. It works very well for our uses, which I suspect are similar to the OPs. Rides great on the highway, works super off road, and the price was very reasonable. We do not "rock climb", or try to go through 4' of mud, but in the Pa snow, mud, trails and rocks, it does great.
i had that exact kit...while its a good intro kit, it does not last well at all. Sags a ton.
Maertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #21
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
Curious Jason,

Are the triple rates for the 2.5 going to on all 4 corners or front only? We will be talking more when I'm ready to pull the trigger but I was leaning towards Synergy but now I'm intrigued.. Dammit man
LOL Yes, they will have the triple rate on all 4 corners. This is going to REALLY improve on the already great ride and handling the RK lifts have!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road
LOL Yes, they will have the triple rate on all 4 corners. This is going to REALLY improve on the already great ride and handling the RK lifts have! -Jason
Cool. Good to know and thanks. We will be in touch.

Sorry OP if I hijacked a bit.

-Angelo
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
Curious Jason,

Synergy, Metalcloak, and Rock Krawler where at the top of my 2"-2.5" list until I got the coil springs free length's. After that, Rock Krawler wasn't even an option.

Something just doesn't seem right about a 2.5" "Triple Rate" spring being 3" shorter than a 2.5" dual rate and 2" shorter than a 2" progressive coil. RK's front is more comparable to a single rate coil.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

I agree with slade, if your going 12" travel or more shocks and not going coilover you should be looking at Metalcloak or synergy springs. But if your just getting a kit id bet most are set up to have no issues.
Maertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Even with travel aside, it makes me wonder what's really in the coil. I would expect a "Triple Rate" coil's length to be more comparable to a Progressive or Dual Rate coil that offers the same lift than a single rate coil.

I think more options should be considered.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Unread 12-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Interesting. I'm on the TF spacer leveling kit, cut fenders and 35s with cut pinch seams and a Synergy front TB. Break over is horrible for my 4dr. I'm really leaning towards the 3" Synergy coils, not the kit. I want progressive coils/dual rate for sure. I'm thinking front lowers, rear TB bracket, BL lines, 5100s is what I'm going to do when I'm ready. It's a DD with decent hwy miles and a FL terrain/camping rig on the weekends. I could also play with the TF spacers after I install if needed but don't think I will. I'd appreciate any feedback on this setup from you all. Thx and sorry again if I'm hijacking.
Unread 12-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

One more for RK. It's like comparing Nike to Keds except the keds can be comfortable and RC can't.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
spinlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post
Even with travel aside, it makes me wonder what's really in the coil. I would expect a "Triple Rate" coil's length to be more comparable to a Progressive or Dual Rate coil that offers the same lift than a single rate coil.

I think more options should be considered.
The coil spring rate is a function of the spring material (type of steel), diameter of the wire, diameter of the coils, number of active coils (not in contact with spring seats) and free length. So given this number of factors you can see that that spring length is not a determining factor by itself because you can design two springs of exactly the same length with completely different spring rates.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #29
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinlock View Post
The coil spring rate is a function of the spring material (type of steel), diameter of the wire, diameter of the coils, number of active coils (not in contact with spring seats) and free length. So given this number of factors you can see that that spring length is not a determining factor by itself because you can design two springs of exactly the same length with completely different spring rates.

I'm aware of the many factors that determine spring rates.

I don't understand how you can put 3 different coil rates into, and get 3/4" more lift out of a coil that has only .44" longer free length than a single rate coil that is considered to be a stiff (high spring rate) coil... all while getting an improved ride and increased range of motion. Especially when you compared to other Progressive and dual rate coils.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi I'm terry and I like boobs, sheep, knives, guns, mobile homes, bomber hats and FSJs and old novas, the Ohio state buckeyes, younger women, planes, porsches, semi trucks, guys who spell their name THom, women who love cats and Prius', men who play or used to play rugby, thigh highs, red heads, blondes, brunettes, brown heads, and the dimples right above the crack of a womans bottom.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.