Rough country 2.5in bb lift ???'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough country 2.5in bb lift ???'s

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rough country 2.5in bb lift ???'s

well I think I have made my mind up to get the rough country 2.5in BB supreme kit (comes with shocks, rear track bar braket and brake line relocators) Should I get a adj. front track bar? if so how do you adjust it and how do I figure out how much to move it??? Also same questions about the drag link and centering the steering wheel? or should I just install the lift myself and take it and get it aligned? thanks guys!

buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

never mind guys i dug around a little more and found my answers...I knew it would be on here I just couldnt seem to find it at first!
Unread 09-24-2010, 05:56 AM   #3
ls6tt
2010 JK Wrangler 

post what you found please
ls6tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ummm how does one do that...sorry not very good with a computer, but all I did was go to the search function and search for anything related to jk drag links and track bars!
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would recommend keeping your factory shocks and go with the shock relocation brackets in their standard kit. Save you some dough and it will ride better. Plus, throw the front brake line relocation brackets in the trash, they don't work for sh#t.

Definatly do the adjustable track bar, makes a world of difference.
My write up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...ended-1035306/

I also put adjustable lower front control arms on as well. Now it drives like a stock JK.

Good luck.
Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Your JK will drive like stock without all that extra stuff. Just do the Series II kit with shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links. Done deal.

If you want to do an adjustable front track bar, go ahead, but drive it around for awhile and then make the decision. Adjustable lower front control arms would be overkill for a 2.5" budget boost.

Call up RC and tell them you're a JF member. You'll get a 10% discount. Mine was $162.
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

ok will do...dumb question when adj the drag link to move the steering wheel back to center do I do this with the front end on the ground or jack it up?
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
ls6tt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibaster View Post
Your JK will drive like stock without all that extra stuff. Just do the Series II kit with shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links. Done deal.

If you want to do an adjustable front track bar, go ahead, but drive it around for awhile and then make the decision. Adjustable lower front control arms would be overkill for a 2.5" budget boost.

Call up RC and tell them you're a JF member. You'll get a 10% discount. Mine was $162.
bad *** info right there, thank you sir!
ls6tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
hcw3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed mine on Thursday. Pretty straight forward. Don't forget to move the oem sway links to the front. Instructions omit that tidbit
hcw3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns79 View Post
ok will do...dumb question when adj the drag link to move the steering wheel back to center do I do this with the front end on the ground or jack it up?
You can do it on the ground. I didn't bother. The steering wheel was off maybe 5-10 degrees. It's kind of on my short list to do, but it's barely noticeable at the moment.

Also, like someone else said, the original rear sway bar links get moved to the front. The brake line relocation brackets are not required on the front either. Those were the only things not so clear in the instructions. Lift took about 2.5 hours.

Here's my Jeep before the lift:

And after:
Unread 09-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sweet that is just the look im going for wheel spacers and all thanks for sharing and thanks for the tip on the sway bar links the instructions didnt say a word about that! That tip should save me from saying a few choice words!
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.