Rough Country 2.5 Budget Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 Budget Lift

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by napajeep View Post
Just ordered this lift from rough country!!! Guy said i need wheels spacers for front and rear to run 285's on factory wheels. $53/pair if you mention you are a jeepforum.com member. You will not get discount on any lift they have on sale... So i got 2 pair of spacers and the budget lift delivered for $209.80.. Not bad for a days work!!! Just need to get tires now. What is everybody running? Wanna go 285/70r17's. Thats about equal to 33's. Right?
Around 33 inches. On the Jeep they measure closer to 32 inches.

ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #17
napajeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

GREAT!!!! the new rough country special is now the wheel spacers that i just ordered this morning for $59. they are now $39/pair.. i'm calling them back!!
napajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

I pulled the trigger on the Lift Kit + Rear Track bar bracket in the last 15 minutes on sale. Gave me the JF Discount on the Bracket so it was only... $120 for everything including shiping.
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #19
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
GREAT!!!! the new rough country special is now the wheel spacers that i just ordered this morning for $59. they are now $39/pair.. i'm calling them back!!
Careful, looks like only the 5x4.5" spacers are on sale, which won't fit the JK. I can't tell from your profile which model you have, but the Sahara does not need wheel spacers for the RC 2.5" BB because of the 18" wheels (the extra inch gives enough room so that the sway bar links don't rub). I haven't had a problem and have been running them for a couple months.

However, I'm also running the Series II kit so the included sway bar links might make a difference. Good luck with the holiday deal shopping.
nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #20
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was told by R/C today that I would not have a problem with the rear sway bar links rubbing w/ OEM Rubicon wheels and stock 255 MT tires. However a wider tire on these wheels will most likely rub and need the spacers. I picked up the trackbar bracket because I didn't like the thought of the rear being .25" off center... especially for towing.

NAPAJEEP - The spacers that went on sale 2 hours ago don't fit the JK. So You didn't pay too much. If it was the JK kit listed on sale, I'm sure they would work with you, R/C is a good company.
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #21
SpikesterUK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I also got the Lift Kit + Rear Track bar brackets, before the sale ended for just under $120 shipped.
Can't beat that.
SpikesterUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

wow! JK parts are alot cheaper then TJ parts were when i had one
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #23
napajeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yea. I checked out the spacers they have on sale now. I ordered the correct ones for 2011 model. Mine were not on sale. Whats the deal with the rear track bar bracket? Do i need this also? Didnt order one. I am going to run 285/70r17's on factory wheels with the wheel spacers and the lift that rc had on sale this morning.
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
musgrave99
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just ordered this lift from rough country!!! Guy said i need wheels spacers for front and rear to run 285's on factory wheels. $53/pair if you mention you are a jeepforum.com member. You will not get discount on any lift they have on sale... So i got 2 pair of spacers and the budget lift delivered for $209.80.. Not bad for a days work!!! Just need to get tires now. What is everybody running? Wanna go 285/70r17's. Thats about equal to 33's. Right?
You should of waited for todays sale! RC wheel spacers 39.99
musgrave99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #25
napajeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musgrave99 View Post
you should of waited for todays sale! Rc wheel spacers 39.99
the spacers on sale today are not for the jk models
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #26
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yea. I checked out the spacers they have on sale now. I ordered the correct ones for 2011 model. Mine were not on sale. Whats the deal with the rear track bar bracket? Do i need this also? Didnt order one. I am going to run 285/70r17's on factory wheels with the wheel spacers and the lift that rc had on sale this morning.
The Trackbar Bracket corrects the axle offset caused when you lift the jeep. The trackbar will cause the axles to shift to one side about .25 inches. This can cause clearance issues on some rear tires... You ordered the wheel spacers so you are good to go. The bracket doesn't hurt to have but its not mandatory.

Some people don't care but I figured for < $30 I'd add it in. On the the front end you can install an adjustable trackbar to correct the offset but its not really required until you hit 3" or so. On my lifted WJ you couldn't tell unless you held a square and measuring tape to it.
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got the 2.5 lift with about 15 minutes to spare also. Then I found a set of Rubi springs on ebay. The same guy that I always see with sets of front and rear together had several for sale. I paid a few extra bucks and got the only ones he had that were 18 front and 59 rears, the others were 17 and 58. My stock are 14 front and 56 rear so it should be quite an improvement.
BamaFanRollTide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.