Rough Country 2.5 Budget Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 Budget Lift

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Rear Leaf Spring (4 Leaf) Pair1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 12-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rough Country 2.5 Budget Lift

Been trying to decide what lift to go with and just noticed that Rough Country is having a Christmas sale/deal on the 2.5 in budget boost. Its on sale for 79.95 for the next 16 hours, then another deal comes up. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone looking into a budget lift.

BamaFanRollTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
SpikesterUK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've been looking at the RC Series II lift, as that also comes with the Rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links.
Anybody else got experience with that kit ?
Or should I just go with the basic kit for $79 & also get the rear track bar bracket for $30.
Do I need the rear sway bar links ???
SpikesterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the RC BB and I added a rear track bar bracket and JKS quick discos and it has been great. Added height an stock ride as advertised. Go for it while its on sale, I paid $130 for mine.
BLUE JEEP #237
BAMAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
SpikesterUK
2007 JK Wrangler 

What do the sway bar links actually do ?
SpikesterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

1. Some kits put the stock rear links up front as they are longer and match (+-) the lift and then give you longer rear links.
2. Quick disconnect links up front allow you to disconnect the front sway bar and thus gain additional independent front wheel articulation without twisting the sway bar (the sway bar is not connected to each side).
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Bamajk, off topic, but do live in apartments in Bham that have Benchmark cable and are off a large 4 lane road (keeping it vague in case you have stalkers). I used to work for Benchmark and my wife worked in the apartment office if you live in the same place. I think I've seen your Jeep there.
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanRollTide View Post
Hey Bamajk, off topic, but do live in apartments in Bham that have Benchmark cable and are off a large 4 lane road (keeping it vague in case you have stalkers). I used to work for Benchmark and my wife worked in the apartment office if you live in the same place. I think I've seen your Jeep there.
Yep, that's the one. Nice description of the place!
BLUE JEEP #237
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

If the R/C deal of the day works like it did last year they will go through most of their popular kits twice between now and Christmas with a different great deal every day.
Last year I bookmarked their home page and checked it every day until the stuff I wanted came up
If you call in your order and tell them you're a member here you will get an extra 10% off

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
musgrave99
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up! I just pulled the trigger on the 2.5 inch coil lift.
100 $ shipped
musgrave99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #10
napajeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

i just bought 2011 2dr. is this the lift i want? looking for cheap lift. probably be on road more than off road. do the shock extensions brackets hold up? or should i go with the lift kit that comes with new shocks?
napajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

10% off the sale price? I'll be making that call right now. I've decided to go with the 2.5 spacers and pick up a set of Rubicon Unlimited springs from ebay (usually getting most people an extra inch). Most of my driving will be on road with the rare off road play, so 3.5 inchs for under 200 bucks is hard to pass up.
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #12
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanRollTide View Post
10% off the sale price? I'll be making that call right now. I've decided to go with the 2.5 spacers and pick up a set of Rubicon Unlimited springs from ebay (usually getting most people an extra inch). Most of my driving will be on road with the rare off road play, so 3.5 inchs for under 200 bucks is hard to pass up.
I have the same thing. The Rubi springs and shocks are sitting in a box waiting for me to put them on .
BLUE JEEP #237
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
BamaFanRollTide
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajk View Post
Yep, that's the one. Nice description of the place!
Well, I didn't figure anyone but someone that lived there would ever realize where I was talking about, and some that live there might not even get it. I lived there for a few years. I used to drive a silver F150 with 35s, sold it to get the Jeep.
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
napajeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just ordered this lift from rough country!!! Guy said i need wheels spacers for front and rear to run 285's on factory wheels. $53/pair if you mention you are a jeepforum.com member. You will not get discount on any lift they have on sale... So i got 2 pair of spacers and the budget lift delivered for $209.80.. Not bad for a days work!!! Just need to get tires now. What is everybody running? Wanna go 285/70r17's. Thats about equal to 33's. Right?
napajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
catang5oh
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, thanks for posting that, i just got mine ordered for the JK with 19 minutes left!
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.