Roof rack for tent, Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Roof rack for tent, Unlimited

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Nigel123
2008 JK Wrangler 

Roof rack for tent, Unlimited

Can anyone recommend a full length roof rack to carry a 2 man tent as well as accessories for a 2008 Unlimited, does not matter where it is from as we have to import here anyway, looking for something strong with good capacity as we intend to tour Kenya next year. Anybody got any pics?

Nigel

Nigel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
riptide
2012 JK Wrangler 

MBRP (MRBP?) or a Gobi would be the two I'd look at.
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
GauchoMark
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2011 and just purchased one of the MBRP ones. I liked it better than the Gobi because I can still remove the hard top with my hoist system in the garage. The Gobi would not allowed me to use the hoist, but you also keep a rack with a soft top or no top. I also didn't like having to worry about which rear bumper I get when the time comes. I'm supposed to get it Thursday, but then going out of town for a week so it will be a couple of weeks before I get around to installing it.

I will mention that Front Runner Offroad would have been my first choice for a 07-10, but they are coming out with a new one for the 11's that bolts directly to the roll cage. They told me that they had a picture of the entire jeep being lifted off the ground from the rack! I was really interested in this one, but it pretty much removes any hopes of taking the top off ever again... big con for me.
GauchoMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Overlandjournal.com
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

MBRP JKU Rack-

Plenty strong enough for RTT

It will assist hardtop removal and will remain with rack, has 350lb mobile cap. and over 700lb static

It has options for full/partial/basket/lightbar--Quadratec "Off Camber" rack

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Nigel123
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies, nice set up Jimbo wish we could get those Tentrax trailers overhere (UAE).

Nigel
Nigel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanx Nigel-

QUOTE=Nigel123;14262806]Thanks for the replies, nice set up Jimbo wish we could get those Tentrax trailers overhere (UAE).

Nigel[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty well sold on my Tentrax, but why don't you look at -AdventureTrailer.com ----"Chase/Horizon, they're kinda setup for oversea shipping and the make some of the best trailers in the country-

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.