Roof leaking again - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Roof leaking again

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

You need an entire new top

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Right now I'm waiting for the advocate from jeep/chysler to contact me. They wanted to replace the passenger side panel AGAIN ! I told them no way since the panels you put on before are slightly darker than the roof already, now you want me to have 3 seperate different pieces ? I want a whole new roof, I'm no rocket scientist, but its pretty easy for me to see that the rear roof does not fit these panels correctly and needs replaced.

I might just drive the jeep through the show room window at this point and throw them the keys.

Its a shame, its not a mechanical issue and they still want to jerk me around.
danski999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Update on the drama of the roof leak, now my Jeep has been in 6 times for the roof. I have an advocate from Jeep working on it now also, this time they have called in another company to try and fix my Jeep, also another there at the dealership, company called the Water Doctor. If this dont work I have told Jeep, you either replace the entire roof, or I will have to invoke the lemon law. They are again replacing the panels on my freedom top.

I spoke with the guy from the water doctor company briefly, he says my doors were out of alignment, and that the seals they kept replacing were not installed properly. We are getting ALOT of rain on the east coast right now, they want to keep the Jeep all weekend and make sure they have it fixed this time. They did give me a car again, one of those Dodge magnum wagons, it looks like a hearse.

I also told Jeep I would be open to them installing a softtop on my Jeep, but I want refunded the $2500 I paid for the hardtop. Will see what happens.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got the Jeep back today, we will see.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Good luck I hope it works out for you
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine goes in for the 9th time tomorrow, leaking at the bottom of the passenger door. Good luck.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

So far so good, but I've decided I can probally never take these tops off again without expecting a leak. This has made me think badly of wranglers, when I know really its the lousy repairs the dealship has done. I bought the hardtop mostly for security so I can leave stuff inside it.
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danski999 View Post
So far so good, but I've decided I can probally never take these tops off again without expecting a leak. This has made me think badly of wranglers, when I know really its the lousy repairs the dealship has done. I bought the hardtop mostly for security so I can leave stuff inside it.
You won't know for sure until you get a good, hard rain.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #24
rayder1

My old YJ and Bronco had HT's. I used petroleum jelly on the seals and cleaned the body tracks with alcohol before dropping the tops back on them. Never had a drop inside either vehicle.

The 3 piece on my JK has me concerned after reading this. I'm keeping mine on and only gonna take the front panels off occasionally. Thanks, I definitely don't want problems like some folks are having.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hindsight is 20/20,but why did the dealership change the top panels more than once? The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Misaligned doors, make perfect sence

Aim also of the opinion that a $30,000 jeep with a 3 piece hard top shouldn't leak a drop in a hurricane.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Hindsight is 20/20,but why did the dealership change the top panels more than once? The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Misaligned doors, make perfect sence

Aim also of the opinion that a $30,000 jeep with a 3 piece hard top shouldn't leak a drop in a hurricane.
These tops will crack, they are only fiberglass. Plus my dealer truely sucks, first leak I got they told me to go to home depot and buy window seal to repair my top, I flipped out on them, this was within the first month of me buying the jeep. Dealership where I bought my Liberty treats me real good, if I have any more issues I will go to the dealer where I bought my liberty.

Hopfully its fixed now, they had to put some kind of spacer in there so the tops don't compress the gaskets to much, never heard of this water doctor they called in to fix it, everything they told me made alot of sense though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.