Rollbar speaker screw i should use, phillips doesnt work. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rollbar speaker screw i should use, phillips doesnt work.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
denny1514

Rollbar speaker screw i should use, phillips doesnt work.

I tried using a phillips to unscrew the rollbar bar speakers but it looks like like i need a special tip. Does anyone know?

thanks in advance

denny1514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Torx, T-10 or T-15...cant remember.
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

If you plan on doing any work on your JK you’re going to need to get a torx bit kit. Any tool supply place carries them.
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny1514 View Post
I tried using a phillips to unscrew the rollbar bar speakers but it looks like like i need a special tip. Does anyone
Just drill it out.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #5
perryhooah
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeep uses a LOT of Torx head screws... Probably Torx...
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
denny1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
If you plan on doing any work on your JK you’re going to need to get a torx bit kit. Any tool supply place carries them.
Do you know where i can get the Torx bits that will fit the JK slots in the trunk area?

thanks
Dennis
denny1514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Any tool supply place carries them.
He already told you once.
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

The ones (speaker screws) on my 2012 are T-15 like maniacal_rick mentioned up above. I would imagine that they are the same for all models.

Just in case you are a bit confused as to what Torx bits are, take a look here. If you buy a set then I suggest getting the ones that require a ratchet to use, that way you’ll be able to apply enough torque to remove the larger stubborn ones. Also but not necessary, try to buy a quality set, for instance craftsman (I have harbor freight Torx bits too). Not using a tight fitting bit that is somewhat rounded can ruin your day.

denny1514, please fill out your profile when you get a chance, it will come in handy when you post in the JK tech section, thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.