Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rocker Rail Side step help

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  HOKIES2010 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Ive been loving my new rubicon Unlt and building her up, but I've ran into a snag. I'm starting to realize its hard for girls and my parents to get into the rig, so I've decided that I need some side steps, but I dont want to lose the protection of my stock rock rails.
Any suggestions?
I've been looking at the Smittybilt SRC Rock Crawler step and rugged ridge rocker step
thanks
:cheers2:

#4 ·
The ACE slider is pretty awesome and keeps your Rubi rail in place. There are also a few companies that sell steps that weld onto the Rubi rails but the ACE are hard to beat for durability and cost since they're pretty cheap and very strong.

#15 ·
One more vote for the Ace. I have a Sport, but bought some take off Rubi rails for $125. Go great with the Ace. My wife agreed to buy the Ace because her and the kids need a step. Even though I'm 6' 1", I like having a step too.

Only down side to the Ace is the fact that they mount below the Rubi steps. Since most rails mount at the same height as the Rubi rails, this means you lose a bit of ground clearance with the Ace.

If you're not rock crawling a lot, it doesn't matter. They still work for crawling. You will just ALWAYS be 'ON' your rails.

Also checkout the LOD rails. They have an integrated step. Pricey though.

#16 ·
One more vote for the Ace. I have a Sport, but bought some take off Rubi rails for $125. Go great with the Ace. My wife agreed to buy the Ace because her and the kids need a step. Even though I'm 6' 1", I like having a step too.

Only down side to the Ace is the fact that they mount below the Rubi steps. Since most rails mount at the same height as the Rubi rails, this means you lose a bit of ground clearance with the Ace.

If you're not rock crawling a lot, it doesn't matter. They still work for crawling. You will just ALWAYS be 'ON' your rails.

Also checkout the LOD rails. They have an integrated step. Pricey though.
But you have to go through things like this to get the step raised up. I like the after product but installing was a PITA.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.