Rocker Guards with Side Step Functionality - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rocker Guards with Side Step Functionality

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rocker Guards with Side Step Functionality

Okay I'm sure this question has been asked a few times before so here it is again. I'm looking for some rocker guards for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that has sidestep functionality. My wife is little shorter and likes the sidestep plus I have to carry my parents around sometimes and its hard for them to get in and out the Jeep. Right now I have no preference because I'm not sure what is out there that will fit my needs.

saintdoggx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Turbineguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Smittybilt SRC (I have them and really like them) http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/49.htm

Or

LOD (I want them, but they cost more) http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=249&page=1

Both have flat plate welded on as a step.
Unread 09-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
LoneStarGecko
2012 JK Wrangler 

Agreed on the Smitty's. We have them on our JKU and really like them. Even better when you start to compare prices.
One main benefit is the side protection from brainless car owners that fling doors open. The Smittybilt takes the hit and saves our Jeep body.

Gecko Green Jeep Club Member # 12
LoneStarGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

There are many different styles and ways to mount them. How much off-roading and what type do you do or want to do? While Smitty look like a good step they would not be the best choice for off-road.

Wife has arthritis and regular rock guards with steps are getting harder for her to handle. She really wants me to get a set of these

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

If I remember right, Teraflex makes some.
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
TOK

I'm running the Ace engineering sliders, and while they don't look like a step, they stick out and are grippy enough to be used like one.

They go between the frame and body bolts, so they feel very strong, no drilling holes in the tub (I hate that!).
acerails800.jpg  
acerailsclose800.jpg

TOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

I ended up going with the N-fab wheel to wheel side steps. While they are not rockers they are side steps and look great on the jeep. Thanks for everyones input!
saintdoggx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
LoneStarGecko
2012 JK Wrangler 

Another good choice . A co-worker has the N-Fabs on his Unlimited and really likes them. Agreed that they look good.

Gecko Green Jeep Club Member # 12
LoneStarGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
There are many different styles and ways to mount them. How much off-roading and what type do you do or want to do? While Smitty look like a good step they would not be the best choice for off-road.

Wife has arthritis and regular rock guards with steps are getting harder for her to handle. She really wants me to get a set of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0bk...layer_embedded
i've been looking for a replacement for my factory side steps that came on the sahara... I want something that offers protection btu also offers a step for when my mom or dad have to ride somewhere with me (everyone in my family is 5'5" and under, except me who got the 6'1" genes ... this seems like a fantastic replaceent!
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

VKS or EVO MFG frame mounted sliders with a custom flat angle.

TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
murfysflaw
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought the genright in aluminum... haven't installed yet.

murfysflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

build them?

Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm not an expert on anything. But, I've looked at a couple different step/protection options. They seem more like a hinderense than help. I'm going with a grab handle and a set of Rubi rub rails.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
WhiteRavenRR
2007 JK Wrangler 

LoD Signature Series is the way to go. A little more expensive but also made in the USA unlike Smittybilt.
WhiteRavenRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #15
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
LoD Signature Series is the way to go. A little more expensive but also made in the USA unlike Smittybilt.
X2 , Save up for a good quality set , destroying the rocker ca be a costly fix.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.