Rock Sliders with PSC Body Armor HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock Sliders with PSC Body Armor HELP

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Rock Sliders with PSC Body Armor HELP

Hello everyone. I picked up a set of PSC steel rock body armor a while ago and never got into the porject because it seems to be a really tight fit inbetween the body and rock sliders. Its 3/16" thick, and it looks like it would be a really tight fit. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar case or problem with theirs. I have not taken the slider off and mounted them yet so Im not sure if it will work or not.

Im running the rubicon 10th anniversary rock sliders I got off craigslist a while ago. Heres some pictures of what im dealing with. Hope the answer is it will work!

Unread 07-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

hard for anyone to tell. make a 3/16 shim out of plastic feel if it will pass. I went with a slider that is like that poison plate but the slider is on it. makes for the best clearance. trouble with the stock slider is they do bend, even more so with a 10k ones that added that bar. I bent mine into the body. Thats when i got ride of it. So that plate you have needs to be there even if its tight as it will end up hitting anyway. if used enough.

Jcr s2 sliders has took some hits has dents in t the tubes and heavy rash.

Unread 07-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
hard for anyone to tell. make a 3/16 shim out of plastic feel if it will pass. I went with a slider that is like that poison plate but the slider is on it. makes for the best clearance. trouble with the stock slider is they do bend, even more so with a 10k ones that added that bar. I bent mine into the body. Thats when i got ride of it. So that plate you have needs to be there even if its tight as it will end up hitting anyway. if used enough.

Jcr s2 sliders has took some hits has dents in t the tubes and heavy rash.
Yeah I tried to take a good picture but its really hard to tell. I would love to have those combined sliders, but I picked these up for $100 and the sliders were next to nothing so if I could make it happen I will try :P

I couldnt fit anything in there. When its time to install the body armor, ill just take the sliders off and see if I can put some spacers/washers in the pinch seam and see if I can get it to push out some.

BTW, nice rig
Unread 07-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thank you , she gets rode rather rough. The guy sitting there is the State Land Trust Officer of AZ. We were out taking GPS readings of a alternate trail we are trying to adopt with our Club. never got stuck before, but this one time figures i do. we had fun though.

You will get it to work others have. I would try to just bolt it all tight up. the Nut Certs are the devil at times. If it hits that body armor no big deal. matter of fact it will help support that. Like i said when i had just the stock Rubi on ours it got pushed into the body and dented it fairy well. That's why i went with the JCR after with bar welded to it. a bit higher up. still gets whacked a lot anyway. think it was like 300$ back then for a 2d/.

You r jeep is looking good as well. Red is always a great color.
Unread 07-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Thank you , she gets rode rather rough. The guy sitting there is the State Land Trust Officer of AZ. We were out taking GPS readings of a alternate trail we are trying to adopt with our Club. never got stuck before, but this one time figures i do. we had fun though.

You will get it to work others have. I would try to just bolt it all tight up. the Nut Certs are the devil at times. If it hits that body armor no big deal. matter of fact it will help support that. Like i said when i had just the stock Rubi on ours it got pushed into the body and dented it fairy well. That's why i went with the JCR after with bar welded to it. a bit higher up. still gets whacked a lot anyway. think it was like 300$ back then for a 2d/.

You r jeep is looking good as well. Red is always a great color.
Haha, very nice! Well I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to weld on tubes to them, and then not run sliders. Or is that a bad idea? Too much pressure on the nutserts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.