Rock Rails/Steps - any suggestions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock Rails/Steps - any suggestions

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
NIUPonyBoy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Any one try these?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Armor-Pro..._pn=S%2fB76645

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #17
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post

It shouldn't be hard to find someone that will do a competent job welding.
I wouldnt really even know where to begin to make sure it was a good place or to make sure the work done afterwards wss done right.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
I so wish the ACE bolt on versions fit more like the weld on version. I like the weld ons and the smitty's that angle up and hug the rocker panel more. But I don't want to have them welded on and I've heard the Smitty's are a PITA to install.
I installed these from Smitty without any major issues. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1201_07.htm

These are solid and feel strong. I haven't laid them onto any rocks yet. So far I like them.
wilgeno is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #19
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgeno View Post
I installed these from Smitty without any major issues. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1201_07.htm

These are solid and feel strong. I haven't laid them onto any rocks yet. So far I like them.
Not the ones I want but they probably bolt up the same way. Thanks.

These are the ones I've been looking at and again, I think they bolt up the same exact way, just different protection design.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1211_07.htm
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
Not the ones I want but they probably bolt up the same way. Thanks.

These are the ones I've been looking at and again, I think they bolt up the same exact way, just different protection design.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1211_07.htm
FYI those have had fitment issues in the past. Search some forums. You may need to do some grinding.
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Taylode
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have body armor rails and I like both their looks and functionality as a step and a rock rail.

2013 Jeep JKU Sahara
Taylode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin313 View Post
My wife would like me to put some steps on the jeep for my kids. Any suggestions on something that practical. I don't run rocks, but am in the mud and on the beach a lot looking for fish.
I LOVE Teraflex's sliders...they're a quarter of the weight (aluminum) of the ACE stuff. They're higher clearance, better looking, and fit like a glove. Work great for my 4'13" wife

I also bought mine from Jason at Krawl Offroad

Oh yeah, and they totaled a Nissan Versa

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

^^ Daaaaaannnnngggg... That is all. lol

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jkchris09-rubicon-unlimited-build-1530118/#post15498172"]My Build Thread[/URL]
JKChris09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post
FYI those have had fitment issues in the past. Search some forums. You may need to do some grinding.
That's what I keep hearing but I can't find any details on WHERE the fitment and grinding needs to take place. Is it just the washers fitting in the boxes like ont he ACE versions or something more?
Unread 02-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #25
newbomb

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm66 View Post
I got the ACE sliders from Jason and they are great. I have 4 kids and they love them for getting in and out. I get the added benefit of protection on trails and the beach.
I'm thinking of getting these because the kids and wife are complaining after the lift. All I need these for is a step. Any problems with feet slipping on these? Last thing I need is to hear "my foot slides off".
33x12.50 BFGs on MT classic II's
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow
Rusty's Airtube w/ K&N filter
Sirius Satellite Radio
Stebel 139dB Air Horn

------------------------------------------
1989 Blue YJ w/ TJ Body
2" BL
31x10.50 LTXs
Cab Top
newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #26
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbomb View Post
I'm thinking of getting these because the kids and wife are complaining after the lift. All I need these for is a step. Any problems with feet slipping on these? Last thing I need is to hear "my foot slides off".
I haven't had any issues with slipping other than when it gets covered in ice. My other half climbed in my jeep (4" lift and 37s) all the way through her pregnancy with no issues. I have seen where a couple people bought 3M textured tape to help with that, but I haven't really seen problems with people complaining about that. The Ace rails are powdercoated, so they do have some texture to them.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #27
grangerdw

Very happy with the ace bolt on sliders. I bought them from Jason at krawl. They were here quick and the price was the best I could find. When i first installed them I wasn't thrilled with the pinch seem being visable so I added some rubicon slider take offs I got from a local jeep dealer for $130.

Not the best pic for seeing the sliders. Let me know if you want a closer one.

Both my kids ages 5 and 8 can get in easily and these things can take some abuse.

grangerdw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #28
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road
Maybe we can help!! ACE Engineering 4Dr Sliders... They are made in the USA. They are cheaper than most with a higher quality than most, come powder coated, works with the Rubi rails, easy to install... well you get the point! LOL... http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/acejkrs4dr.htm Also, use "KORDAD" at checkout to get 5% off that! -Jason
Jason - will these Ace Sliders work with 37s?

thanks!
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #29
PhatBasturd
Got chiggers?

1976 CJ7 

Yes they will, but I'm not Jason....

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #30
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I run Ace sliders on my TJ. Girlfriend was quite grateful when I put them on. I've never slipped using them, but I'm sure I will now
Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.