Rock Rails/Steps - any suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock Rails/Steps - any suggestions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
sinjin313

Rock Rails/Steps - any suggestions

My wife would like me to put some steps on the jeep for my kids. Any suggestions on something that practical. I don't run rocks, but am in the mud and on the beach a lot looking for fish.

0.jpg   1.jpg  
sinjin313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe we can help!!

ACE Engineering 4Dr Sliders... They are made in the USA. They are cheaper than most with a higher quality than most, come powder coated, works with the Rubi rails, easy to install... well you get the point! LOL...

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/acejkrs4dr.htm

Also, use "KORDAD" at checkout to get 5% off that!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the Ace sliders, and they work well. For the price, convenience, and durability, you can't beat them! I bought my set from Jason.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you are looking for something with an actual step and just bars check out the Smittybilt SRC Side Armor.
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

I so wish the ACE bolt on versions fit more like the weld on version. I like the weld ons and the smitty's that angle up and hug the rocker panel more. But I don't want to have them welded on and I've heard the Smitty's are a PITA to install.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was looking for the same thing. Needed a step but don't do any serious off roading. I was going with the ACE sliders but after spending a lot of money on other stuff decided to save a little and go with NFAB instead and really like them.
2013-jeep-2sm.jpg  

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
MEYJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Maybe we can help!!

ACE Engineering 4Dr Sliders... They are made in the USA. They are cheaper than most with a higher quality than most, come powder coated, works with the Rubi rails, easy to install... well you get the point! LOL...

-Jason
Definitely these at first. For me, I'll be getting the Ace weld on sliders. I love that angle.
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
I so wish the ACE bolt on versions fit more like the weld on version. I like the weld ons and the smitty's that angle up and hug the rocker panel more. But I don't want to have them welded on and I've heard the Smitty's are a PITA to install.
Why don't you want them welded on? That's the way to go!
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I too am looking for something simple and cheap; mainly as "armor" for the lower body valence from all the road salt/sand/rocks/etc against rust and such. I've done vinyl covers before on old YJs and that helped about as much as parking it in the Golf of Mexico.
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Maybe we can help!!

-Jason
wow... those are great! I wished you had these 5 years ago!

I bought the smittybuilt ones XRC I think? (rusty & mount to sheet metal like the oem rubi). I got them for the same reason, a short wife (5'4" & 110 lbs) and two small kids I needed something that they could actually use. They (the smittybuilts) are okay, they have worked when needed. Got them at a discounted price but those ACE sliders wouldve certainly been the ones I bought. They look beefy & made in the US.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have the ACE and think they are great ! Jason at KrawlOff-Road was great to deal with and price matched to combine best price with great service. I just put them on a 2013 white 4dr rubicon. Can't gte pictures posted here but if you IM me I can send you photos of them installed. I do not rock crawl - more of beach and forest and snow use but needed them for a step for girlfriend.

As an added benefit - just in case you happen to have to drive it to the grocery store or mall - girlfriends noticed the rock rails prevent some wack job from opening their door and hitting my jeep - pretty much prevents shopping carts from hitting the doors also.

Bottom line a great add toi my Jeep.
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post
Why don't you want them welded on? That's the way to go!

Well for one if I order them, then I have to fine someone (someone I can trust) to weld them on. Then if for ANY reason I want them off, I can't just unbolt them.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
Well for one if I order them, then I have to fine someone (someone I can trust) to weld them on. Then if for ANY reason I want them off, I can't just unbolt them.
It shouldn't be hard to find someone that will do a competent job welding.
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #14
Andyjr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Look on Craigslist for the factory sidesteps, You should be able to pick them up for under $100. If you are not doing any offroad then these should work and then you could put the extra cash toward something else.
Andyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
martinm66
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got the ACE sliders from Jason and they are great. I have 4 kids and they love them for getting in and out. I get the added benefit of protection on trails and the beach.
martinm66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.