rock rails over stock rubi rails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > rock rails over stock rubi rails

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 11-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
redmuddog

rock rails over stock rubi rails

I hope I didn't imagine this, but I thought I read a thread about a set of rock rails that would mount over the factory rails. Do they exist?

redmuddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't know if exsist but i imagine you might be able to find one that works. HOwever the stock rock rails are mounted to the body of the jeep and not the frame, so they may bend with a good hit.
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
Todd H.

Mopar offers a Rubicon rock rail with a "rub-strip" or whatever they call them...a bar that extends beyond the stock rail. It's what I'm getting on my new Rubi.
Todd H. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
mdlott
1978 CJ7 

You can also have the Shrockworks rails made so that they fit over the Rubi rails .
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlott
You can also have the Shrockworks rails made so that they fit over the Rubi rails .
i know there is a guy here in ATL who has done this. They look very nice!
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
redmuddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlott
So this would be a special order with Shrockworks? Do you know who to contact to do this?
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
mdlott
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmuddog
So this would be a special order with Shrockworks? Do you know who to contact to do this?
I ordered mine through David at Northridge4x4 (I think it was a few dollars cheaper than ordering it direct from Shrockworks). Just send them a note at the time of your order and they'll be able to take care of you. I actually wish I had done this myself.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
redmuddog

Thanks! I really appreciate this.
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #9
WakeRunner08
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Olympic Revsa-Bars will fit over them. Takes a small shim, but they will fit. I haven't done it, but there was a post about it in August. Try searching for it... they had pics.
WakeRunner08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.