Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod...

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod...

Sup dudes. I got a question about the lift I plan on getting...I have an 08 JK X, just got 33 inch KM2s mounted, and i want to lift her up a lil bit. Nothing crazy, thats why for now i want to go with the RK stock mod. Down the road, I may add to it as I see fit. My only dilemma is that my budget at the moment will not permit me to get new shocks, i would love to get em, but.....cant do it now...

So my question is this, what would I have to do to get this kit installed and run it with the stock shocks, until I can afford new ones? Would this be a practical temporary route to go? What adjustments to the stock suspension would I have to make? Etc, et c......

08 JK/6 speed/2 Door/soft top--35x12.5x17 GY MTR's--ATX slot's--R.K. Stock Mod--Smittybilt rocker guards--PSC evap skid--PSC tramp stamp--Hella 500 black magic's--RK drag link. Pure Jeep axle knuckle/gusset kit.
Rdlynch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
2012Rubicon

You can always get shock extension brackets...if I was back home I'd send you a pair I got with a kit that I never used....but thats the best way to do it if you have a budget.....though I'd wait till I had enough for some shocks....thats me though :P

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
2012Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

How long of shock extenders would i need? Specific brand you know of that are good?

Yeah i would wait but, im prolly the most impatient person on earth and i just wanna get a lift on her. And now! Thanks for the reply,....
08 JK/6 speed/2 Door/soft top--35x12.5x17 GY MTR's--ATX slot's--R.K. Stock Mod--Smittybilt rocker guards--PSC evap skid--PSC tramp stamp--Hella 500 black magic's--RK drag link. Pure Jeep axle knuckle/gusset kit.
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
2012Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlynch2 View Post
How long of shock extenders would i need? Specific brand you know of that are good?

Yeah i would wait but, im prolly the most impatient person on earth and i just wanna get a lift on her. And now! Thanks for the reply,....
These would work:
http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...ions-pair.html

or you can go with the JKS ones.

I feel ya man, Im very impatient as well, and a very impulsive buyer...not a good mix haha, any time.

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

One more question, will I need extension brackets for both front and rear shocks?
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
2012Rubicon

Yeap:
http://www.teraflex.biz/rear-shock-e...er-kit-jk.html

Unread 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

I lied. I have another. Hahaha. Is there anything else i will need to install this lift other than the lift itself and the extensions?
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
2012Rubicon

Haha, there will always be more questions

The kit SHOULD come with everything you need, though some argue that you will need more, but the kit should have all you need.

Unread 08-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

talk to jason with rockkrawler he is on here alot he will prolly cut you a good deal
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet. I am definitaly gonna go with RK. Not only have i heard that there products are top notch, but i live in upstate NY, about 15 miles from where RK is, always good to invest local. Also, there are a lot more options available for upgrades with that kit than there is with the TF budget boost...just hoping that it rides ok with the stock shocks. Guess ill find out.
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274 View Post
talk to jason with rockkrawler he is on here alot he will prolly cut you a good deal
Well, we sell RK and are good friends with those guys. KrawlOff-Road.com is a seperate company though. ANYWAYS, sounds like your on the right track and we would be more than happy to see what we can do to save you some coin. You can't go wrong with the RK kits and they allow you to upgrade when your budget and wheeling needs see fit!

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email (Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com) and we will get you taken care of! We are great with working within your budget!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Alright. So here is my dilemma. Like I said before i am on a tight budget.... Witht that said, i would hate to have to run the factory shocks, if i could get some cheap, decent shocks that would work ok with the stock mod kit, then i will. I definitaly cannot afford to do the bilsteins or racing shocks recommended by RK. What do you guys think would be a good alternative? I was looking around and i saw skyjacker shocks for like 60 a piece. Would those be an ok solution to my budgetary problems? Then maybe next summer upgrade to better ones?
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys, are there any other considerations i need to take into acvount when purchasing this lift? Example being will i have to make other mods just to accomodate the lift itself? i.e. Brake lines, steering, etc etc..???

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.