RIPP Superchargers LOWEST PRICE EVER! $2995.00! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RIPP Superchargers LOWEST PRICE EVER! $2995.00!

Ford Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
MrZ71
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
Swapping out the injectors is the hardest part of this DIY kit. Only because it takes climbing on top of the engine to reach some of the bolts to remove the intake plenum.

I would not recommend leaving out the injectors. Doubt your SC would do so well trying to sip an ocean thru a straw.

It took me about 10 hours over two days to install my RIPP SC. And that was only because I was taking my sweet time to clean the engine compartment while I was installing everything. If you are not a clean freak like me, you can do this SC install in about 6-8 hours using normal everyday tools lying around the garage. Very easy!

This is the best mod I've done to my JK. Yes, I'd rather keep my RIPP SC than have the large tires and lift! The power difference is unbelievable. Even on 37's, I know I can out-power a '12 that is on stock tires.

Im not worried about doing the injector swap i just wasnt sure if the stage 1 came with new injectors, what gears are you running with your 37's?

l____l 09 JKU Sahara Rock Krawler 2.5
(OlllllllO) Ripp supercharger 35x12.5's 5.13's
[]--O--[] magnaflow D.I.Y. exhaust -James-
MrZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I am running 5.38's with my 37's...in addition to the Gen2 Stage 2 (intercooler) RIPP SC.
Where I live (an hour West of Atlanta) it is hilly, and I often tow a trailer. So, this makes a great combination. Extra power and the proper gearing.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
MrZ71
1987 YJ Wrangler 

one more question in the install video on Ripps website it shows coping the stock file and sending it in to be tuned, but the install instructions do not mention doing this, is this not needed with the new tuner being used?

thanks guys
Jim
l____l 09 JKU Sahara Rock Krawler 2.5
(OlllllllO) Ripp supercharger 35x12.5's 5.13's
[]--O--[] magnaflow D.I.Y. exhaust -James-
MrZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
Lykki
2010 JK Wrangler 

Grrrrr, just read this. Any chance of he deal for one more?
Lykki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
performance , power , supercharger , turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.