RIPP SUPERCHARGERS 2013 MOAB 3.6 Supercharger Pre release video - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RIPP SUPERCHARGERS 2013 MOAB 3.6 Supercharger Pre release video

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

RIPP SUPERCHARGERS 2013 MOAB 3.6 Supercharger Pre release video

It's almost time! We will be doing a SOFT LAUNCH of our 3.6L Pentastar Supercharger system. Initial availibility will be for 2012 vehicles ONLY. 2013 will follow shortly behind. Enjoy the video!!!

718-815-1313
RIPPMODS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

3.6L Supercharger Dyno on 37's!

718-815-1313
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
PrinceBondar

On a somewhat related note....

For a 2007 JK kit, I looked at your site. If I am understanding what I am reading, there is one kit for $4900 or so, and one kit for $5200 or so. The price difference is due to nothing other than one being silver and the other being black. Is that correct? In terms of technical specs, are they otherwise the exact same thing (generation, et. al.)?

http://www.rippmods.com/2007_2010_Je...ds-stg2blk.htm

http://www.rippmods.com/2007_2011_Je...2-sds-stg2.htm

The pictures look different - colour aside.

Also, what is the effect on gas mileage with one of these things installed, typically speaking?

My only interest in one of these would be improved performance while hauling a heavy trailer. Would this be a reasonable application of your product?

How difficult is it for a mechanical moron to install one of these? What's involved? Is it compatible with the Mopar Aux Trans Cooler? Is there ANY chance I would have to remove my front bumper to install it?

Thanks
PrinceBondar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBondar View Post

For a 2007 JK kit, I looked at your site. If I am understanding what I am reading, there is one kit for $4900 or so, and one kit for $5200 or so. The price difference is due to nothing other than one being silver and the other being black. Is that correct? In terms of technical specs, are they otherwise the exact same thing (generation, et. al.)?

Also, what is the effect on gas mileage with one of these things installed, typically speaking?

My only interest in one of these would be improved performance while hauling a heavy trailer. Would this be a reasonable application of your product?

Thanks
The powder coating process is the reason for the price difference between the 2 systems that you viewed. Average power increases are 110 extra wheel HP and 90 extra tq. For our 07-11 3.8L Many of our clients use our system to great success with towing.

718-815-1313
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
PrinceBondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
The powder coating process is the reason for the price difference between the 2 systems that you viewed. Average power increases are 110 extra wheel HP and 90 extra tq. For our 07-11 3.8L Many of our clients use our system to great success with towing.
Thanks for the response. What about my other questions??? Also, do you install, and if so, what do you charge?

I saw one picture of an install on-line and it looks like one of your parts is right where the Mopar aux transmission cooler sits.

Numbers don't mean anything to me. They're not in the universe I live in. I dunno what 110HP or 90 extra tq. really means.....qualitative values like "a little, moderate, a lot, a metric ****load" - these are values I understand (:

Thanks.
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #6
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

http://www.rippmods.com/2007_2010_Je...ds-stg2blk.htm

http://www.rippmods.com/2007_2011_Je...2-sds-stg2.htm

The pictures look different - colour aside.

How difficult is it for a mechanical moron to install one of these? What's involved? Is it compatible with the Mopar Aux Trans Cooler? Is there ANY chance I would have to remove my front bumper to install it?

Thanks
I'll try to answer these questions for you. I am a end-user/customer. I installed a RIPP SC stage II on my 2008 2-dr, almost 2 years ago.

The two models of SC are the same, aside from color. The Powder Coated one shows a high-altitude pulley sitting in front of it, and has the Blow Off Valve already installed. The Chrome model does not have a HA Pulley in front of it, and the BOV is not installed yet.

For gas mileage, you will see the advertised 2-4 mpg increase. It takes a couple of weeks for the ECU to relearn how to drive with the supercharger (SC). And it took me a couple of weeks to learn to drive with the SC. After that, mpg really did increase. Before I put 37's and 5.38's on mine, I was averaging 20-22 mpg after the SC was installed. With larger tires on now, I just don't care what my mpg is.

I sometimes tow a 6 x 10' open trailer (the Home Depot variety), carrying pretty much everything from trash to large furniture pieces on it. Before the SC, it would be like a turtle. After the SC, it accelerates while towing like there is no trailer attached.

If you can change the spark plugs on your Jeep and know the difference between a socket wrench and an open wrench, you can do this install yourself with average home garage tools. Takes about 6-8 hours DIY. If you are not sure about your skills, ask a buddy to give you a hand. Watch the YouTube video to see what is involved exactly. The instructions included with the kit are very good, and the YouTube video is excellent. No welding. Hardest part was removing the intake manifold bolts on top of the engine (the bolt closest to the firewall on the passenger side took about 10 minutes of minute wrenching to get it out...blame Jeep engineers for putting that bolt in a hard to reach place).

Regarding the MOPAR aux transmission cooler, I am not sure about that. The Intercooler sits in front of the radiator. There is less than 1" space between the intercooler and the radiator. You do not want the Intercooler to touch the Aux Tranny cooler or the Radiator as the heat could burn a whole in the Intercooler. So, take a measurement of the Aux cooler's thickness.

No, you do not need to remove the front bumper. Only have to remove the front grill.

As for a qualitative description. The first time I floored it, I had the deer in the headlights stare like I had just engaged an afterburner on a fighter jet. I remember thinking, "Holy ****! What did I just do?!" I would describe it as "A LOT!" Have you ever seen a JK with the stock 3.8L sit at a stop sign and smoke 37" tires? I can do that with the SC. Next time, I'll roll up the windows first (coughed like I had lung cancer afterwards).

Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions. Hope this helps!
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

ditto Happy Trails. My installation took about 12 hours, but then I work slow and methodical at my age. Hardest part for me was the right rear spark plug! My mileage improved between 2 and 3 mpg but then I am always easy on the skinny peddle and only occasionally get into it hard...ie. merge onto freeway or pass. It is a real OMG what did I do to this engine though. I am running 4.88 gears on 35s and my JK now really cruises on the freeway and able to use 6th gear on mountain highways. From a rock crawling perspective, you have to learn to be very judicious in the use of the skinny peddle or you can break things...don't as how I know.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
PrinceBondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
I'll try to answer these questions for you. I am a end-user/customer. I installed a RIPP SC stage II on my 2008 2-dr, almost 2 years ago.
Thanks (:

Quote:
Regarding the MOPAR aux transmission cooler, I am not sure about that. The Intercooler sits in front of the radiator. There is less than 1" space between the intercooler and the radiator. You do not want the Intercooler to touch the Aux Tranny cooler or the Radiator as the heat could burn a whole in the Intercooler. So, take a measurement of the Aux cooler's thickness.
Sounds like it is a non-starter then. The aux cooler is just sitting right there.

Quote:
No, you do not need to remove the front bumper. Only have to remove the front grill.
Can't get the grill off without taking my bumper off. Even the dealer couldn't. There is NO WAY I am ever taking that bumper off. The AEV bumper is nice looking, but from an installation perspective, it just could not be more of a pain in the ***. I'd never buy another one. Dealer said it took them 9 hours to put the aux cooler on because they had to R&R the bumper. I believe it. It took me 2 solid days to get that bumper on.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions (:

It sounds like between the aux trans cooler and having to take my bumper off to get the grill off, this is just something I'd never end up doing.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

You're welcome. Sorry it sounds like a no-go situation. That front bumper must be built like a tank.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
PrinceBondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
You're welcome. Sorry it sounds like a no-go situation. That front bumper must be built like a tank.
It's ridiculously complicated to install that thing. It also blocks the lower portion of the grill, so you can't push the grill "out" enough to get it off, with the bumper in place.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
It's ridiculously complicated to install that thing. It also blocks the lower portion of the grill, so you can't push the grill "out" enough to get it off, with the bumper in place.
On my 2010, I notched the bottom of the grill in line with the two front body mounts.

I can have the grill off in less than 5 minutes with AEV bumper in place and you can't see the notches from normal viewing angles.

grill-notch_a.jpg
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i really really don't need this, but i really really want it
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Come on 13'....

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYJ View Post
Come on 13'....
Working on it..

RIPP
718-815-1313
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How old is your AEV front bumper?

I bought one end of 2012 and I have a 2012 JKU and have plenty of room to take the front grille off the Jeep.

Had no problem doing that when I installed my TruckLites.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
pentastar engine , supercharger , turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.