Ripp Superchargers - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ripp Superchargers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #76
JB7JEEP
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's cool, I'm sold as well! Thanks again for all the input and videos.

JB7JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #77
TDmaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB7JEEP View Post
My other question for you or Ripp or any other member is: has anyone run the stage 2 SC with the Ripp headers? It seems like a great combo for all around power gains. What I'm wondering is can the stock JK Rubi clutch, trans (6 speed), driveline etc handle the additional power without breakage/wear issues? I would be running 35's on it as well. I'm planning my winter build of my now stock 2010 Rubi Unl. Thanks everyone for the input..
So, I can't answer your question directly as I have the Gen 1 SC, but just added the Long-Tube Headers and a Tune from the Dynoshop in Santee, CA. The dyno power run was done after several tuning runs and therefore was a little hot so I did not get all the power I expected, but showed 206 whp at 3900 rpm. Torgue was really good, but I don't have the number right here in front of me to report. I have an automatic with 3.73 gears, so I can only assume gearing would make a difference is both power and powertrain stain.

I will be lifting first AEV 3.5 inch premium, then gearing to 5.13 and 35 inch Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (35X12.50R17LT) and AEV rims.
TDmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #78
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmaster View Post
So, I can't answer your question directly as I have the Gen 1 SC, but just added the Long-Tube Headers and a Tune from the Dynoshop in Santee, CA. The dyno power run was done after several tuning runs and therefore was a little hot so I did not get all the power I expected, but showed 206 whp at 3900 rpm. Torgue was really good, but I don't have the number right here in front of me to report. I have an automatic with 3.73 gears, so I can only assume gearing would make a difference is both power and powertrain stain.

I will be lifting first AEV 3.5 inch premium, then gearing to 5.13 and 35 inch Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (35X12.50R17LT) and AEV rims.
The power is locked up in the tune - GEN1 with Black Box's can only "allow" so much power to get out - GEN2 electronics really open the power up - how was the torque (would you be able to forward us a dyno sheet) tech@rippmods.com

RIPPTECH
718-815-1313
RIPPMODS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #79
TDmaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
The power is locked up in the tune - GEN1 with Black Box's can only "allow" so much power to get out - GEN2 electronics really open the power up - how was the torque (would you be able to forward us a dyno sheet) tech@rippmods.com

RIPPTECH
So, I emailed you the dyno sheet Sunday Night...did you get a chance to look at it. The max HP was actually recorded at around 5400 RPM not the 3900 I said previoulsy. It was also a little jumpy/irregular as far as power curves go. The torgue was pretty good from low rpm and peaked in the neighborhood of 242 ft-lbs at 4080 RPM. My understanding is that the graph picked up right after a shift, but I forgot to ask if that was from first to second, or second, to third.
dyno-sheet.jpg  

Last edited by TDmaster; 12-14-2010 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Added Dyno Sheet
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #80
-Zona-

Quote:
The 3.8 does not suck - its well built engine that does a great job -
Red- 100% agree with, I have done everything from dunk mine in the Pacific in Hawaii to taking it to the top of Black Bear Pass, never had any mechanical issues.

Blue- It leaves alot to be desired, in my honest opionion, but then again I didn't buy it to win any street races or win the Baja.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #81
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona- View Post
Blue- It leaves alot to be desired, in my honest opinion, but then again I didn't buy it to win any street races or win the Baja.
The engine is fine for a stock 2-door. The problem is that Chrysler doesn't build the engine to accommodate 37 inch tires on a lifted 4-door (extreme case).

When we start adding MASSIVE amounts of weight and GIANT tires to our Jeeps we're asking a lot more of the engine.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #82
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So, I emailed you the dyno sheet Sunday Night...did you get a chance to look at it. The max HP was actually recorded at around 5400 RPM not the 3900 I said previoulsy. It was also a little jumpy/irregular as far as power curves go. The torgue was pretty good from low rpm and peaked in the neighborhood of 242 ft-lbs at 4080 RPM. My understanding is that the graph picked up right after a shift, but I forgot to ask if that was from first to second, or second, to third.
Yes -we saw that to be noted this is a GEN1 Kit with Black Box tuning (our older stuff)

The Torque is clean, the HP seems jumpy, would you be able to get us a sheet with fuel and boost added for comparison?

RIPPTECH
718-815-1313
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #83
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
The engine is fine for a stock 2-door. The problem is that Chrysler doesn't build the engine to accommodate 37 inch tires on a lifted 4-door (extreme case).

When we start adding MASSIVE amounts of weight and GIANT tires to our Jeeps we're asking a lot more of the engine.

Speak for yourself, I have a stock 2dr Rubi.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #84
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well luckily the supercharger fits JK's with stock tires - No need to change them

RIPPTECH
718-815-1313
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #85
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, I was disagreeing with you.

I also have a stock 2dr Rubi. It's red. Well, my wife does.
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #86
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
Well luckily the supercharger fits JK's with stock tires - No need to change them

RIPPTECH
Speaking of which, have you guys ever seen anyone SC a completely stock 2-door? I imagine it would be like a rocket.
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #87
TDmaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That is exactly why I added the SC and now the long tube headers from RIPP. I can comfortably add the AEV 3.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires and 5.13 gears and get great performance on and off-road!

Last edited by TDmaster; 12-14-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #88
TDmaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Speaking of which, have you guys ever seen anyone SC a completely stock 2-door? I imagine it would be like a rocket.
Yes, that would be me. I had a completey stock 2009 JK 2-dr Wrangler X. The only other mod I made at the same time as when I added the SC (gen1) was the MBRP T304 Stainless Cat Back Exhaust including a relocation of the Evap Cannister up under the rear axle for safety.

Now, with the Long tube headers, this baby really breaths and just cruises with no effort. Hardly no lag when getting into the throttle, unlike the stock engine.
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #89
Ben_88Jeep
Vendor
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, that would be me. I had a completey stock 2009 JK 2-dr Wrangler X. The only other mod I made at the same time as when I added the SC (gen1) was the MBRP T304 Stainless Cat Back Exhaust including a relocation of the Evap Cannister up under the rear axle for safety.

Now, with the Long tube headers, this baby really breaths and just cruises with no effort. Hardly no lag when getting into the throttle, unlike the stock engine.
I was looking at DYNO numbers with the cat back exhaust and they are saying about a 25 rwhp gain... has anyone dyno'd the supercharger system with the headers? I'd be curious to see those numbers verses a Gen II with stock headers to see the difference.

The more I look at this system the more I want it.
Ben_88Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #90
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_88Jeep View Post
I was looking at DYNO numbers with the cat back exhaust and they are saying about a 25 rwhp gain... has anyone dyno'd the supercharger system with the headers? I'd be curious to see those numbers verses a Gen II with stock headers to see the difference.

The more I look at this system the more I want it.
Sure - our stock GEN2 programming delivers 280dt.lbs of trq and 240hp at the rear wheel... its sweet...

RIPPTECH
718-815-1313

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.