Right Hand Drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Right Hand Drive

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
ErniBigb
2008 JK Wrangler 

Right Hand Drive

Any Mail Carriers on here using the JK model on their Mail Route?
How do you like it?
Thinking of trading for a newer model.

ErniBigb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
AJ in Japan
Jeeps and Bikes - Yea!
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErniBigb
Any Mail Carriers on here using the JK model on their Mail Route?
How do you like it?
Thinking of trading for a newer model.
Not a mail carrier but mine's right hand drive. See pics at links in sig.

Mods:

3.5” Skyjacker lift / Currie adjustable control arms (all 8) / Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer /
Poly Performance front and rear track bar relocation kits RHD / Poly Performance high steer kit with drag link flip adapter / 35/12.50/18 BFG Mud Terrain tires on stock painted rims with 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers / 5.13 Superior Gears front and rear /gear ratio, tire size and 91 octane performance adjusted with Superchips controller / ARB differential covers / Skid Row front skid plate / Mopar undercarriage skid plates (stock in Japan) / Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers front and rear with rear tire carrier / High Lift Jack mounted on rear bumper (when off roading) / Smittybuilt black D-Rings front and rear / Rampage Products Convertible Side Bar/Rocker Guards / AEV Heat Reduction Hood with AEV Snorkel / 1” over fender extensions / KC running lights on windshield and front bumper / Stubby antenna in black/ Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets when doors are off / Meiwa Ultra Performance Muffler / B & M transmission cooler / Quadratec Ultimate Front Floor Liners / Off Road Heroes Soft Top / Daystar Hood latches and spare tire bump stops / Glass lens headlights with H-4 bulbs (stock in Japan) – headlight and fog bulbs changed to Sylvania Silverstars / Off Road guards for headlights, fog lights and tail lights / MS Plus Navigation System / rear seat removed (1st mod) / and other stuff I can’t remember now

Next: Change the junk Skyjacker Nitro shocks to Bilstein 5100s (on back order now per Dave at Northridge) and change the junk Skyjacker sway bar disconnects to JKS.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AcOGjlq3YtGLj

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=998

http://rogueownersgroup.com/MemberPage.aspx?id=10

Doing it on the left side in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Japan.

Riding a motorcycle is the only time in my existence when I can completely lose myself only to find myself.

It's not the destination.........

It's the ride!
AJ in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
JYogi
2008 JK Wrangler 

I do not think the USPS has bought any JK's.....

I would really be curious to find out which was the last body style
Jeep they bought....
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
nepatsfn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYogi
I do not think the USPS has bought any JK's.....

I would really be curious to find out which was the last body style
Jeep they bought....
They are running them in my town. Brand new right hand drive 2 door JK's
nepatsfn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
Deschain
1995 ZJ 

Check out ebay, I swear half the JKs are right hand drive.
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was always curious to know if the shift pattern on a manual RHD is opposite of an RHD one......is 1st away from you and up or close to you and up ??

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
IdahoRHD4x4
2008 JK Wrangler 

My wife is a relief rural carrier and we recently got an 08 right hand drive 2-door 4x4 X ... White with a hard top.

We really like it.
IdahoRHD4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
BVol

the right hand drives are only offered in automatic.......I doubt the Postal Service will be buying any but the rural mail carriers who use their own vehicle might like them! I know of some RHD Cherokees out in farm country!
BVol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Even all the over-seas RHD models are automatics ?

Todd
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Interesting info tidbit concerning RHD Jeeps - I was looking through my extended warranty and it notes that the extended warranty is not available for RHD vehicles. I guess they just assume that they are in commercial (postal) use or for the export market. So, if you want an extended warranty, don't get the RHD version (:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravely_todd

Todd
Hi
No in the UK we have both and 1st is away from you.
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #12
ErniBigb
2008 JK Wrangler 

My local dealer tried to use the unlimited powertrain warranty as a selling point. I told him he better look closer at the warranty on RHD models. 3/36
ErniBigb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
AJ in Japan
Jeeps and Bikes - Yea!
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravely_todd

Todd
Here in Japan, if you want a 6-speed manual, you have to get a Rubicon.
They are all right hand drive. Sahara and X only come with automatics.

Mods:

3.5” Skyjacker lift / Currie adjustable control arms (all 8) / Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer /
Poly Performance front and rear track bar relocation kits RHD / Poly Performance high steer kit with drag link flip adapter / 35/12.50/18 BFG Mud Terrain tires on stock painted rims with 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers / 5.13 Superior Gears front and rear /gear ratio, tire size and 91 octane performance adjusted with Superchips controller / ARB differential covers / Skid Row front skid plate / Mopar undercarriage skid plates (stock in Japan) / Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers front and rear with rear tire carrier / High Lift Jack mounted on rear bumper (when off roading) / Smittybuilt black D-Rings front and rear / Rampage Products Convertible Side Bar/Rocker Guards / AEV Heat Reduction Hood with AEV Snorkel / 1” over fender extensions / KC running lights on windshield and front bumper / Stubby antenna in black/ Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets when doors are off / Meiwa Ultra Performance Muffler / B & M transmission cooler / Quadratec Ultimate Front Floor Liners / Off Road Heroes Soft Top / Daystar Hood latches and spare tire bump stops / Glass lens headlights with H-4 bulbs (stock in Japan) – headlight and fog bulbs changed to Sylvania Silverstars / Off Road guards for headlights, fog lights and tail lights / MS Plus Navigation System / rear seat removed (1st mod) / and other stuff I can’t remember now

Next: Change the junk Skyjacker Nitro shocks to Bilstein 5100s (on back order now per Dave at Northridge) and change the junk Skyjacker sway bar disconnects to JKS.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AcOGjlq3YtGLj

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=998

http://rogueownersgroup.com/MemberPage.aspx?id=10

Doing it on the left side in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Japan.

Riding a motorcycle is the only time in my existence when I can completely lose myself only to find myself.

It's not the destination.........

It's the ride!
AJ in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
scottlaroc

Are the JK's popular in England?I always loved the Land Rover Defender but couldn't afford one.Any pics of the RHD?
scottlaroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
No in the UK we have both and 1st is away from you.
Thanks for the info!!! I sort of figured that was where 1st was, but wasn't sure.....probably same 6-speed thats in LHD models.....That would be really different for me to shift ...

Todd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.