Ridgid Lights install help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ridgid Lights install help

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 11-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Ridgid Lights install help

Hey guys, I hooked up my flood duallys yesterday and everything works great! Only thing is that my switch is always on. So I just uplugged the black from the back of the switch so it doesnt come on at all. How do I get the switch to light up when it comes on, and goes off when I dont have them on.. like a normal switch!

Thanks

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would try getting a different switch radio shack has a whole section of different ones ,
I'm looking into mounting all mine on the a pillar
benjmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I assume you're using the Rigid wiring and switch?

If so; the red wire with black band on it goes on the bronze colored tab, the red wire with no trace goes on the center silver tab and the bundled black with red goes on the last one.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmjeep View Post
I would try getting a different switch radio shack has a whole section of different ones ,
I'm looking into mounting all mine on the a pillar
Well I got a rocker switch to match my ARB compressor switch in my daystar panel. Id like for it to match. Ive never had a switch do this before. Im thinking I need to just run a wire to a ground, instead of the negative terminal on the battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
I assume you're using the Rigid wiring and switch?

If so; the red wire with black band on it goes on the bronze colored tab, the red wire with no trace goes on the center silver tab and the bundled black with red goes on the last one.
I used a different one to match the other switch. But both have 3 prongs on the back

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Andyjr
2012 JK Wrangler 

What WHITEOUT is telling you, is to check you wires because you have something wired wrong. I have Rigid lights also and the switch should only light up when the lights are on.
Andyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyjr View Post
What WHITEOUT is telling you, is to check you wires because you have something wired wrong. I have Rigid lights also and the switch should only light up when the lights are on.
Ok, I tried switching the power in and power out wires which were originally in the right spot, and they didnt work. So the wires are in the right spot, theres really nothing to the wiring of these which is why im confused why they switch light is acting up. Is it because the switch is connected to the battery so its always on? Should I move it the a ground instead or tap into a wire that comes on when the jeeps turns on?

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

There is nothing wrong with running the wires straight to the battery since there are only two wires that hook up there. It will probably be a matter of trial and error to find the right order since it's a non-spec switch.
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
There is nothing wrong with running the wires straight to the battery since there are only two wires that hook up there. It will probably be a matter of trial and error to find the right order since it's a non-spec switch.
Yep you were right! Those two were switched haha. I looked at the back of the daystar panel and it was in order of ground, power in, power out. It was exactly like that and I was doing a wtf moment. Guess I should have listened to you the first time

Thanks guys! Ill get some good night pictures of them here soon. I love them! And people dont flash me, though I have them aimed really low. Next I will get some spots for the windshield. I love these things

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can't wait to see the pictures I'm about to put two dualy floods or diffused, then a 10 inch hyper spot on the bumper
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Can't wait to see the pictures I'm about to put two dualy floods or diffused, then a 10 inch hyper spot on the bumper
Right on! I want the 20" or something like that. But we all know we want the 50"

Unread 11-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

The 50 is so out of control but yeah of course I want it. I like the 10 inch hyper spot bc it fits just perfect on my bumper bar
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

It is, but I want it for back roads. I saw a tundra running his 50 and I just smh at how bright it was. Sorry for the people in front of him on the freeway

Heres how they turned out

Unread 11-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome are those the flood light version of the rigid
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Awesome are those the flood light version of the rigid
These are the floods, though they dont spread like I thought they would. Im thinking he might have gave me the wrong box.

Unread 11-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Post a picture of the lens when the light is not on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.