RHB mygig into 09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RHB mygig into 09

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Anonymous6915
2009 JK Wrangler 

RHB mygig into 09

has anyone tried to install a 2011+ mygig (RHB) into an older JK? im looking to get rid of my res and upgrade into the mygig and have been reading about the RHB system. looks really nice and can be found for about $700 out of a Dodge Ram 1500(its a high bus speed).

Has anyone tried this?

Anonymous6915 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

It will work, but I believe the new RHR and RHB units grab the GPS signal and Sirius from a new combined antenna, as opposed to separate plug-in modules the RER used. Search around and you should find an adapter kit available that allows you to make it work for pre-2011 models.
Unread 11-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Pretty much plug and play. Installed an '11 RER in my '07. Needed the GPS antenna and the U-connect mic. Nothing else required. Very nice.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Anonymous6915
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Pretty much plug and play. Installed an '11 RER in my '07. Needed the GPS antenna and the U-connect mic. Nothing else required. Very nice.

Bob K.
this^ was the way i was originally going to go about it until i found out the new RHB and RHR units have linked to sirius and can give up to the min traffic and weather conditions.(im a snowboarder and would love moutain stats as i drive up)

looks like ill be buying an RHB system. i found one that came from a liberty(also high speed can bus so it should work right?)
Unread 11-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Anonymous6915
2009 JK Wrangler 

also, i found a 2 RHB systems and it seems like one says it has the sat integrated and one doest ~$400 difference in price. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? does the non-sat integrated system just need to be activated or is it a whole other piece(thats worth$400) missing?
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

There are 2 RHB systems. And no the Sat-less one does not have it. So nothing to activate. The HS Liberty unit will be fine.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Anonymous6915
2009 JK Wrangler 

ok guys, thanks for all the replies but i acctually ended up going a different route. I found a guy who was selling an rer system out of 2010 for a very good price(less then ebay) so i jumped on it. Btw, anyone looking for a mygig, pm me as this guy works at a salvage yard and can pull the systems as they come in.

the install was super easy, i did it in my school parking lot while wating for my class to start. only needed a screwdriver and a 7mm socket.

It was plug and play and everything works except sirius and uconnect(i think because i dont have a sirius sat antenna and the mic is not present)

I just now need to find out what sat antenna i need(im not buying the $80+ one on quadratec) iv heard that a trek sirmini antenna will work(only costs $20). so i will be giving that a try unless somone else here knows something i dont.

The mic i will buy from ebay which looks to be around $40 and then i just need the lockpick which is like $187.

Am i correct in my thinking? Thanks for all the help guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.